realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 6
|6:1||And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.|
|6:2||Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.|
|6:3||Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.|
|6:4||But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.|
|6:5||And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:|
|6:6||Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.|
|6:7||And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.|
|6:8||And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.|
|6:9||Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen.|
|6:10||And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.|
|6:11||Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God.|
|6:12||And they stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council,|
|6:13||And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law:|
|6:14||For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us.|
|6:15||And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel.|
Suggested News Resources
- Protestantism: Is it Logically Self-Defeating?
- Since councils can err, according to Luther, then he could have also dissented against the Jerusalem Council (Acts 15:6-30), where we see Peter and James speaking with authority. This Council makes an authoritative pronouncement (citing the Holy Spirit ...
- Horrific results of 'men turning away from God'
- In 1570, Ivan the Terrible attacked Novgorod, which had been for centuries a successful Russian republic on the Baltic Sea. Ivan's first command was to subjugate the church.
- On Finding Jesus—A Review of the CNN Episodes
- I was impressed by the articulate and thoughtful comments made by strong biblical scholars and religious leaders alike. As a distinctive path into the modern quest for Jesus, this series and its foundational text do some interesting things.
- Is Witchcraft Illegal in the State of Illinois?
- Many people find fascination with the topic of the Salem Witch trials of 1692.
Related searchesquirino political
star alliance membership history
lady in the dark
cambridge massachusetts economy