realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
prayer was made without ceasing of the church, days of unleavened bread, time herod, angel of the lord
King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 12
|12:1||Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church.|
|12:2||And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.|
|12:3||And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.)|
|12:4||And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.|
|12:5||Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.|
|12:6||And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison.|
|12:7||And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.|
|12:8||And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me.|
|12:9||And he went out, and followed him; and wist not that it was true which was done by the angel; but thought he saw a vision.|
|12:10||When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him.|
|12:11||And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a surety, that the Lord hath sent his angel, and hath delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews.|
|12:12||And when he had considered the thing, he came to the house of Mary the mother of John, whose surname was Mark; where many were gathered together praying.|
|12:13||And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a damsel came to hearken, named Rhoda.|
|12:14||And when she knew Peter's voice, she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate.|
|12:15||And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel.|
|12:16||But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and saw him, they were astonished.|
|12:17||But he, beckoning unto them with the hand to hold their peace, declared unto them how the Lord had brought him out of the prison. And he said, Go show these things unto James, and to the brethren. And he departed, and went into another place.|
|12:18||Now as soon as it was day, there was no small stir among the soldiers, what was become of Peter.|
|12:19||And when Herod had sought for him, and found him not, he examined the keepers, and commanded that they should be put to death. And he went down from Judaea to Caesarea, and there abode.|
|12:20||And Herod was highly displeased with them of Tyre and Sidon: but they came with one accord to him, and, having made Blastus the king's chamberlain their friend, desired peace; because their country was nourished by the king's country.|
|12:21||And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them.|
|12:22||And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.|
|12:23||And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.|
|12:24||But the word of God grew and multiplied.|
|12:25||And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, when they had fulfilled their ministry, and took with them John, whose surname was Mark.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Is the King James Version the best English translation
- translation and should be the Bible translation used . The King James Bible Alone= the word of God Alone .
- What do Rabbits and Colored Eggs have to do with the Feast of
- Some have wondered why the word “Easter” is in the King James Bible.
- Bible Believer's Archaeology
- The Holy Bible, New King James Version. Copyright THE BOOK OF ACTS - CHAPTER 5. Page 35 .
- IS THE WORD “EASTER” IN ACTS 12:4 A MISTRANSLATION
- (Acts 12:3-4).
- Seven Infallible Proofs of the King James Bible's Inspiration
- King James Bible, we hold in our hands the very “word of God, which liveth by it (John 12:48). Its life is . “inspiration” with Acts 2, as suggested in this chapter.
Suggested News Resources
- SPIRITUAL INQUIRY: God's law rules over man-made law
- In fact, part of the reason for the creation of the King James Bible was King James' dislike of the notes in the Geneva Bible that indicated it was right for the midwives to disobey Pharaoh and refrain from killing the little Hebrew baby boys.
- Faith Chronicles
- No Sunday Bible study in July or August. 250-592-4124, call for more info on Bible studies. Pastor_Lyons@yahoo.
- RELIGION NOTES
- Tickets for children under 12 are $5 at the door. The performance will feature other acts such as the Shining Stars of Jersey City. For tickets and more information, call (201) 333-0563.
Suggested Web Resources
- ACTS CHAPTER 12 - King James Bible Online
- Aug 22, 2011 The book of Acts chapter 12 from the King James Bible Online.
- Acts, Chapter 12 (King James Bible) - ChristianAnswers® WebBible™
- Chapter 12. 1 Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. 2 And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.
- "Easter" is Not a Mistranslation
- So here we have a situation in Acts chapter 12. I will prove to you from the King James Bible that "Easter" is in fact, the proper word to use.
Related searchestravis barker cymbals
knuckles the echidna family
coffee time logo
dream interpretation kidnap
dayton art institute
cause of dream