realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 18
|18:1||After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth;|
|18:2||And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them.|
|18:3||And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers.|
|18:4||And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.|
|18:5||And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ.|
|18:6||And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.|
|18:7||And he departed thence, and entered into a certain man's house, named Justus, one that worshipped God, whose house joined hard to the synagogue.|
|18:8||And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.|
|18:9||Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:|
|18:10||For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.|
|18:11||And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.|
|18:12||And when Gallio was the deputy of Achaia, the Jews made insurrection with one accord against Paul, and brought him to the judgment seat,|
|18:13||Saying, This fellow persuadeth men to worship God contrary to the law.|
|18:14||And when Paul was now about to open his mouth, Gallio said unto the Jews, If it were a matter of wrong or wicked lewdness, O ye Jews, reason would that I should bear with you:|
|18:15||But if it be a question of words and names, and of your law, look ye to it; for I will be no judge of such matters.|
|18:16||And he drave them from the judgment seat.|
|18:17||Then all the Greeks took Sosthenes, the chief ruler of the synagogue, and beat him before the judgment seat. And Gallio cared for none of those things.|
|18:18||And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow.|
|18:19||And he came to Ephesus, and left them there: but he himself entered into the synagogue, and reasoned with the Jews.|
|18:20||When they desired him to tarry longer time with them, he consented not;|
|18:21||But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus.|
|18:22||And when he had landed at Caesarea, and gone up, and saluted the church, he went down to Antioch.|
|18:23||And after he had spent some time there, he departed, and went over all the country of Galatia and Phrygia in order, strengthening all the disciples.|
|18:24||And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.|
|18:25||This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.|
|18:26||And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.|
|18:27||And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:|
|18:28||For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, showing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Christadelphian Bible Mission The Acts of the Apostles
- Please begin by reading - Acts Chapter 14 (The word "rehearsed" (King James Version) in verse 27 means they "told" or "described"). Bible Study Course - Acts . B.
- Why King James Bible Version only? Are you in the right church Are
- Why King James Bible Version only? Matt 17:21, Matt 18:11, Matt 23:14, Mark in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
- ERRORS FOUND IN NEW BIBLE VERSIONS
- Which Bible Is God's Word, and The Language of the King James. Bible, by Gail righteous acts of saints righteousness of saints. 1 Cor.
- The Christology of the
- 18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the. Father, he . Chapter 13 John 1:18 in the King James Version of the Bible.
- Proverbs Bible Study Guide
- 14. The Human Heart—Self-control. 16.
Suggested News Resources
- Church Calendar: Aug. 20
- Adger Church of God: 7336 Johns Road, Adger, ongoing Bible study on the Book of Acts at 7 pm Along with the Bible, excerpts of “The Spirit Anointed Church: A Study of the Acts of the Apostles” by French Arrington will be explored. Call 205-568-4821.
- RELIGION NOTES
- The performance will feature other acts such as the Shining Stars of Jersey City. For tickets and more information, call (201) 333-0563. There will be a food drive for an Eagle Scout project on Saturday, Aug.
- Health happenings
- CHADD Tarrant County Support Group, sponsored by the North Texas chapter of CHADD, will meet 7-9 pm Aug. 26 in Room 206 of the Hills Church (formerly the Richland Hills Church of Christ), 6300 NE Loop 820, North Richland Hills.
Suggested Web Resources
- ACTS CHAPTER 18 - King James Bible Online
- The book of Acts chapter 18 from the King James Bible Online.
- Acts, Chapter 18 (King James Bible) - ChristianAnswers® WebBible™
- Back to previous chapter Next chapter.
Related searchesmanitoba famous brandon people
ratu tuuakitau cokanauto
tnagar shopping and markets
iron cross use in popular culture
nature vs nurture
journey band lineup past and present