realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 18
|18:1||After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth;|
|18:2||And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them.|
|18:3||And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers.|
|18:4||And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.|
|18:5||And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ.|
|18:6||And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.|
|18:7||And he departed thence, and entered into a certain man's house, named Justus, one that worshipped God, whose house joined hard to the synagogue.|
|18:8||And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.|
|18:9||Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:|
|18:10||For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.|
|18:11||And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.|
|18:12||And when Gallio was the deputy of Achaia, the Jews made insurrection with one accord against Paul, and brought him to the judgment seat,|
|18:13||Saying, This fellow persuadeth men to worship God contrary to the law.|
|18:14||And when Paul was now about to open his mouth, Gallio said unto the Jews, If it were a matter of wrong or wicked lewdness, O ye Jews, reason would that I should bear with you:|
|18:15||But if it be a question of words and names, and of your law, look ye to it; for I will be no judge of such matters.|
|18:16||And he drave them from the judgment seat.|
|18:17||Then all the Greeks took Sosthenes, the chief ruler of the synagogue, and beat him before the judgment seat. And Gallio cared for none of those things.|
|18:18||And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow.|
|18:19||And he came to Ephesus, and left them there: but he himself entered into the synagogue, and reasoned with the Jews.|
|18:20||When they desired him to tarry longer time with them, he consented not;|
|18:21||But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus.|
|18:22||And when he had landed at Caesarea, and gone up, and saluted the church, he went down to Antioch.|
|18:23||And after he had spent some time there, he departed, and went over all the country of Galatia and Phrygia in order, strengthening all the disciples.|
|18:24||And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.|
|18:25||This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.|
|18:26||And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.|
|18:27||And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:|
|18:28||For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, showing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Christadelphian Bible Mission The Acts of the Apostles
- Please begin by reading - Acts Chapter 14 (The word "rehearsed" (King James Version) in verse 27 means they "told" or "described"). Bible Study Course - Acts . B.
- Why King James Bible Version only? Are you in the right church Are
- Why King James Bible Version only? Matt 17:21, Matt 18:11, Matt 23:14, Mark in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
- ERRORS FOUND IN NEW BIBLE VERSIONS
- Which Bible Is God's Word, and The Language of the King James. Bible, by Gail righteous acts of saints righteousness of saints. 1 Cor.
- The Christology of the
- 18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the. Father, he . Chapter 13 John 1:18 in the King James Version of the Bible.
- Proverbs Bible Study Guide
- 14. The Human Heart—Self-control. 16.
Suggested News Resources
- Church Calendar: Aug. 20
- Adger Church of God: 7336 Johns Road, Adger, ongoing Bible study on the Book of Acts at 7 pm Along with the Bible, excerpts of “The Spirit Anointed Church: A Study of the Acts of the Apostles” by French Arrington will be explored. Call 205-568-4821.
- RELIGION NOTES
- The performance will feature other acts such as the Shining Stars of Jersey City. For tickets and more information, call (201) 333-0563. There will be a food drive for an Eagle Scout project on Saturday, Aug.
- Health happenings
- CHADD Tarrant County Support Group, sponsored by the North Texas chapter of CHADD, will meet 7-9 pm Aug. 26 in Room 206 of the Hills Church (formerly the Richland Hills Church of Christ), 6300 NE Loop 820, North Richland Hills.
Suggested Web Resources
- ACTS CHAPTER 18 - King James Bible Online
- The book of Acts chapter 18 from the King James Bible Online.
- Acts, Chapter 18 (King James Bible) - ChristianAnswers® WebBible™
- Back to previous chapter Next chapter.
star alliance possible future members
the city of the sun
lie covering up lies
robert del naja art work