realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 24
|24:1||And after five days Ananias the high priest descended with the elders, and with a certain orator named Tertullus, who informed the governor against Paul.|
|24:2||And when he was called forth, Tertullus began to accuse him, saying, Seeing that by thee we enjoy great quietness, and that very worthy deeds are done unto this nation by thy providence,|
|24:3||We accept it always, and in all places, most noble Felix, with all thankfulness.|
|24:4||Notwithstanding, that I be not further tedious unto thee, I pray thee that thou wouldest hear us of thy clemency a few words.|
|24:5||For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:|
|24:6||Who also hath gone about to profane the temple: whom we took, and would have judged according to our law.|
|24:7||But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands,|
|24:8||Commanding his accusers to come unto thee: by examining of whom thyself mayest take knowledge of all these things, whereof we accuse him.|
|24:9||And the Jews also assented, saying that these things were so.|
|24:10||Then Paul, after that the governor had beckoned unto him to speak, answered, Forasmuch as I know that thou hast been of many years a judge unto this nation, I do the more cheerfully answer for myself:|
|24:11||Because that thou mayest understand, that there are yet but twelve days since I went up to Jerusalem for to worship.|
|24:12||And they neither found me in the temple disputing with any man, neither raising up the people, neither in the synagogues, nor in the city:|
|24:13||Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.|
|24:14||But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:|
|24:15||And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.|
|24:16||And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.|
|24:17||Now after many years I came to bring alms to my nation, and offerings.|
|24:18||Whereupon certain Jews from Asia found me purified in the temple, neither with multitude, nor with tumult.|
|24:19||Who ought to have been here before thee, and object, if they had ought against me.|
|24:20||Or else let these same here say, if they have found any evil doing in me, while I stood before the council,|
|24:21||Except it be for this one voice, that I cried standing among them, Touching the resurrection of the dead I am called in question by you this day.|
|24:22||And when Felix heard these things, having more perfect knowledge of that way, he deferred them, and said, When Lysias the chief captain shall come down, I will know the uttermost of your matter.|
|24:23||And he commanded a centurion to keep Paul, and to let him have liberty, and that he should forbid none of his acquaintance to minister or come unto him.|
|24:24||And after certain days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, which was a Jewess, he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith in Christ.|
|24:25||And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.|
|24:26||He hoped also that money should have been given him of Paul, that he might loose him: wherefore he sent for him the oftener, and communed with him.|
|24:27||But after two years Porcius Festus came into Felix' room: and Felix, willing to show the Jews a pleasure, left Paul bound.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Why King James Bible Version only? Are you in the right church Are
- powerful preaching of the Bible that will change your life. Why King James Bible Version only? 1.
- Seven Infallible Proofs of the King James Bible's Inspiration
- King James Bible, we hold in our hands the very “word of God, which liveth and abideth for .. “inspiration” with Acts 2, as suggested in this chapter.
- Joshua - Free Bible study notes, commentary, and questions
- Chapter 22, Chapter 23, Chapter 24 Notes to the reader: I have chosen not to include the Bible text in these notes (please use . Ephesians 6:19,20; Acts 4:10- 13,18-20,29-31 – We are responsible to teach . the mother of the Boaz who later married Ruth, great grandmother of King David.
- The Complete Book of Bible Trivia
- Unless otherwise indicated, Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, King James. Version. Scripture Chapter 1, Verse 1.
- The Bible Magazine, Volume 24 Issue Number 1 – The Amazing
- Vol.24 Issue No. 1 January 2011 It formed the basis of the King James Bible & Victoria passed it to an empire.
Suggested News Resources
- CHURCH CALENDAR: August 13
- Adger Church of God: 7336 Johns Road, Adger, ongoing Bible Study on the Book of Acts at 7 pm Along with the Bible, excerpts of “The Spirit Anointed Church: A Study of the Acts of the Apostles” by French Arrington will be explored. Call 205-568-4821.
- RELIGION NOTES
- The church, 1031 Broadway, Bayonne holds weekly services on Monday at 7 pm; Wednesday Bible Study at 8 pm; Thursday is 24 hour Prayer; and Friday is Prayer and Fasting.
- LLRC and the future of Sri Lanka
- They had the Bible in one hand and the sword in the other.
Suggested Web Resources
- King James Version: Acts: Acts Chapter 24
- King James Version: Acts Chapter 24.
Related searchesseat belt mechanism
return to forever personnel
basel problem a rigorous proof
joseph de guignes
mahmoud abbas youth and education