realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Romans, Chapter 11
|11:1||I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.|
|11:2||God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,|
|11:3||Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.|
|11:4||But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.|
|11:5||Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.|
|11:6||And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.|
|11:7||What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded|
|11:8||(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.|
|11:9||And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompense unto them:|
|11:10||Let their eyes be darkened that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.|
|11:11||I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.|
|11:12||Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?|
|11:13||For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:|
|11:14||If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.|
|11:15||For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?|
|11:16||For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.|
|11:17||And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;|
|11:18||Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.|
|11:19||Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.|
|11:20||Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:|
|11:21||For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.|
|11:22||Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.|
|11:23||And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.|
|11:24||For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?|
|11:25||For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.|
|11:26||And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:|
|11:27||For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.|
|11:28||As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.|
|11:29||For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.|
|11:30||For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:|
|11:31||Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.|
|11:32||For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.|
|11:33||O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!|
|11:34||For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?|
|11:35||Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?|
|11:36||For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- “INSIGHT INTO THE SCRIPTURES” Discovery Series
- READ THE APPROPRIATE CHAPTER Page 11. READ AND .. which is the foundation for the King James Version, Tyndale's Bible, Martin Luther's.
- Table of Contents
- THE LETTER OF ROMANS CHAPTER 3 King James Version. ROMANS 3:  . 4:11) recorded in Scripture (MacArthur Bible Commentary, p.
- Simple answers to difficult question.
- By: Dov Avnon.
- Study Questions
- New Testament Books of the Bible BIBLE SEARCH: Which Old Testament scriptures support Paul's statement in verse 2 that, “This Good News .. Romans Chapter 11. 1.
- Biblenotes The entire Holy Bible is summarized with easy-to-read
- Also The Holy Bible, King James Version (American Bible. Society, New York ..
Suggested News Resources
- All Saints' Parish Church, Falmouth
- Part of Paul's letter to the Romans, chapter 11 v 1-2a and 29-32, was the New Testament lesson read by James Davies. This begins with the question has God rejected His people? A question Fr Ian would allude to later in his address.
- Rev. Dan Puckett: God's justice rules over fairness
- Herod was king. He ruled under the auspices of Rome. There was a continuing conflict between the established Jewish religion and the followers of Christ.
Suggested Web Resources
- Romans, Chapter 11 (King James Bible) - ChristianAnswers
- King James Version Study Bible, Red-letter Edition. Romans. Back to previous chapter Next chapter 11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall?
- The Holy Bible - Romans Chapter 11 (King James Version) - YouTube
- Jun 23, 2010 Romans Chapter 11: 1I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid.
- Romans - Chapter 11 : King James Bible Trust
- Watch King James Bible Trust Videos on YouTube. Romans - Chapter 11. The King James Version, Basic English Version (BBE).
- ROMANS CHAPTER 10 - King James Bible Online
- Aug 4, 2011 The book of Romans chapter 10 from the King James Bible Online.