realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: I Thessalonians, Chapter 5
|5:1||But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.|
|5:2||For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.|
|5:3||For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.|
|5:4||But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.|
|5:5||Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.|
|5:6||Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.|
|5:7||For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.|
|5:8||But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.|
|5:9||For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,|
|5:10||Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.|
|5:11||Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.|
|5:12||And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;|
|5:13||And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.|
|5:14||Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.|
|5:15||See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.|
|5:17||Pray without ceasing.|
|5:18||In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.|
|5:19||Quench not the Spirit.|
|5:20||Despise not prophesyings.|
|5:21||Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.|
|5:22||Abstain from all appearance of evil.|
|5:23||And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.|
|5:24||Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.|
|5:25||Brethren, pray for us.|
|5:26||Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.|
|5:27||I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.|
|5:28||The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 2 THESSALONIANS Main Theme: Eschatology (The Lord Comes to
- THE NEW KING JAMES VERSION BIBLE IN BOLD. 2 Thessalonians Chapter 1. 1.
- THINKING THROUGH THESSALONIANS
- The shortest verse in the Bible is actually in 1 Thessalonians,. 4. Would God actually .
- Paul's First Letters - Free Bible Commentary
- I Thessalonians 5 . .. 121.
Suggested News Resources
- Church News
- Our doors, our hearts and our minds are open. Mt. Calvary United Methodist has a great study in the book of James at 9:30 am, each Sunday.
Suggested Web Resources
- 1 THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 5 - King James Bible Online
- Aug 6, 2011 The book of 1 Thessalonians chapter 5 from the King James Bible Online.
- 1 THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 5 (1611 KING JAMES BIBLE)
- The book of 1 Thessalonians chapter 5 from the 1611 King James Bible Online.
- 1 Thessalonians, Chapter 5 (King James Bible) - ChristianAnswers
- Chapter 5. 1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
- 1st Thessalonians Chapter 5 - King James Bible With Strong's
- 1st Thessalonians Chapter 5 - King James Bible with Strong.
- The Holy Bible - 1 Thessalonians Chapter 5 (King James Version
- Jun 23, 2010 1 Thessalonians Chapter 5: 1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.