realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Hebrews, Chapter 8
|8:1||Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;|
|8:2||A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.|
|8:3||For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.|
|8:4||For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:|
|8:5||Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern showed to thee in the mount.|
|8:6||But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.|
|8:7||For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.|
|8:8||For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:|
|8:9||Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.|
|8:10||For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:|
|8:11||And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.|
|8:12||For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.|
|8:13||In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.|
Suggested News Resources
- Bible on Papal & Church Infallibility
- It would seem rather obvious that Holy Scripture assumes that the model of holy people (patriarchs, prophets, and apostles alike) is to be followed by Christians. This is the point behind entire chapters, such as, notably, Hebrews 11.
- Sacrifice of the Mass & Hebrews 8 (vs. James White)
- Bishop James White quoted from my book, A Biblical Defense of Catholicism (first edition, published by 1stBooks Library, 2001, from Chapter Five: “The Sacrifice of the Mass: 'A Lamb . . .
- Unearthing the World of Jesus
- And many blockbusters—notably an ossuary inscribed “James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus”—have been so fraught with questions of provenance and authenticity that they have produced more controversy than insight. ...
- The 10 worst typos in the Bible
- A lovely, all-encompassing sentiment for Christmas, this is what an angel said to the shepherds on a hill near Bethlehem, according to the King James version.
- When Luther Shook Up Christianity
- On Reformation Sunday, nearly 500 years after Luther published his 95 Theses, Protestants will celebrate his revolution to recapture the meaning of the gospel and the authority of the Bible against that of popes or princes.
Related searchesanimal care occupations
7th century ad
bombay stock exchange history
amartya sen personal life
histamine histamine disorder effects
miscarriage of justice new zealand
linux kernel timeline