realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: James, Chapter 3
|3:1||My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.|
|3:2||For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.|
|3:3||Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.|
|3:4||Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.|
|3:5||Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!|
|3:6||And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.|
|3:7||For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:|
|3:8||But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.|
|3:9||Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.|
|3:10||Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.|
|3:11||Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?|
|3:12||Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.|
|3:13||Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him show out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.|
|3:14||But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.|
|3:15||This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.|
|3:16||For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.|
|3:17||But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.|
|3:18||And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Language of The King James Bible: An Introduction
- The Language of The King James Bible: An Introduction Chapter 3. What other methods does God use to help the reader understand the meaning of words?
- The King James Bible
- I did not intend to write a book on the King James Bible, not because I believe 3. The Origin and Growth of the English Bible, Thompson Chain Reference Study Bible, ..
- KING JAMES. BIBLE. Solution to a Riddle by.
- THE APOCRYPHA AND THE KING JAMES BIBLE
- the original printing of the King James Bible in 1611.
- KJV.1st pages.indd
- Part 3: The World of Bible Translation After the King James Version. 8.
Suggested News Resources
- Sir Cliff Richards promotes summer holiday Bible project
- 1) Decide: Pick your favourite chapter from the King James Bible. 2) Check: Go to the site to check your chosen reading hasn't been recorded already. 3) Record: Film time now!
- Bible options on Symbian^3
- The only publicly distributable versions are the "Old King James" (the one with the "Thee"s and "Thou"s) and the modern "World English Bible" (an adaptation of the American Standard Version). This has some effect on text availability.
- Faith Matters
- 4401 Montgomery St. Senior Pastor James D. Scott will be in attendance.
- Believing and doing, the twins of vital faith
- By Howard Bess Recently I read the book of James from the New Testament. I found it challenging and exhilarating. I reviewed the history of the five-chapter epistle and pondered the controversies that have surrounded it in Christian church history.
- Exposé on Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion (5)
- On pp. 383-385, he lists some useful and handy phrases, idioms and clichés from the King James Authorised Version of The Holy Bible. Surely, he says, “ignorance of the Bible is bound to impoverish one's appreciation of English literature.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ecclesiastes 3. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
- The Holy Bible: King James Version. Ecclesiastes 3.
Related searchesanimal care occupations
7th century ad
bombay stock exchange history
amartya sen personal life
histamine histamine disorder effects
miscarriage of justice new zealand
linux kernel timeline