realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: I Peter, Chapter 3
|3:1||Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;|
|3:2||While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.|
|3:3||Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;|
|3:4||But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.|
|3:5||For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:|
|3:6||Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.|
|3:7||Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.|
|3:8||Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:|
|3:9||Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.|
|3:10||For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:|
|3:11||Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.|
|3:12||For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.|
|3:13||And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?|
|3:14||But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;|
|3:15||But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:|
|3:16||Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.|
|3:17||For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.|
|3:18||For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:|
|3:19||By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;|
|3:20||Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.|
|3:21||The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:|
|3:22||Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- KING JAMES VERSION
- This booklet may be copied and used for Bible Study The “Simplified King James Version – Literal Text and Paraphrased” uses the ..
- THE SECOND LETTER OF PETER
- Version (below) Discuss the general content of the chapter.
- THE BIBLE TEACHES PURGATORY
- It's found in 1 Corinthians chapter 3, verse 15. Let's examine this Biblical proof for Purgatory.
- KING JAMES VERSION
- 3. INTRODUCING. THE SIMPLIFIED KING JAMES.
- The Gospel According to Peter - Free Bible Commentary
- I Peter 3 . .. Biblical Attitudes Toward Alcohol and Alcoholism, I Peter 4:3 .
Suggested News Resources
- Exposé on Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion (5)
- On pp. 383-385, he lists some useful and handy phrases, idioms and clichés from the King James Authorised Version of The Holy Bible. Surely, he says, “ignorance of the Bible is bound to impoverish one's appreciation of English literature.
- Faith Matters
- 12 pm every Tuesday, City Church, 125 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Spend your lunch hour with a bible study on “Learning How to Manage Time God's Way” with Kathy Walters Burnsed.
- SCRIPTURE, TRADITION AND THE DEPOSIT OF FAITH - Victor E. Novak
- Scripture citations from: The Holy Bible, New King James Version; c. 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. c.
- Beeston Village News & Events - we 5 August 2011
- Andrew read Psalm 23 from the King James Bible. Ron was born in Sandy and when he left school he worked as a grocery assistant at the Co-op before joining the army. In 1965 he married Effie and they had three children Pam, Tony and Roy.
- Health happenings
- CHADD Tarrant County Support Group, sponsored by the North Texas chapter of CHADD, will meet 7-9 pm Aug. 26 in Room 206 of the Hills Church (formerly the Richland Hills Church of Christ), 6300 NE Loop 820, North Richland Hills.
Suggested Web Resources
- 2nd Peter Chapter 3 - King James Bible With Strong's Dictionary
- 2nd Peter Chapter 3 - King James Bible with Strong.
- 2 PETER CHAPTER 3 - King James Bible Online
- Jun 27, 2011 The book of 2 Peter chapter 3 from the King James Bible Online.
Related searchesbuganda history
list of jojo remixes
mu online spells and skills
cytoplasm components of the cytoplasm
july 31 holidays and observances
feng shui bed orientation
pulmonary edema signs and symptoms
old english language latin influence