realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: II Peter, Chapter 1
|1:1||Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:|
|1:2||Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,|
|1:3||According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:|
|1:4||Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.|
|1:5||And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;|
|1:6||And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;|
|1:7||And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.|
|1:8||For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.|
|1:9||But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.|
|1:10||Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:|
|1:11||For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.|
|1:12||Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.|
|1:13||Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;|
|1:14||Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath showed me.|
|1:15||Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.|
|1:16||For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.|
|1:17||For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.|
|1:18||And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.|
|1:19||We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:|
|1:20||Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.|
|1:21||For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE SECOND LETTER OF PETER
- A modern translation like “The Living Bible” would be best. Discuss the general THE SECOND EPISTLE OF PETER CHAPTER 1 King James Version.
- Student and Teacher's Guide
- Contrary to popular opinion, no one Bible translation can ever hope to reproduce .
- 2 Peter
- King James Bible Study Correspondence Course. An Outreach of danger around us. The words with which Peter opened the second chapter of 2 Peter False teachers will arise from within the church (2 Peter 2:1).
- The Holy Bible
- King James Version. The Holy Bible .. Search The Holy Bible Online at www.
- An Urgent Plea for Christian - The Bible For Today HomePage
- with the greatest English translation of history, the King James Bible.
Suggested News Resources
- Christianity is not Biblical, but Greek
- In the 26th chapter of Acts, King Agrippa becomes angry at the Apostle Paul for trying to persuade him to become a Christian. Later, Peter writes in 1 Peter 4:16 of the benefits from suffering as a Christian.
- Faith Matters
- Choose a session: 12-1 pm and 1-2 pm Tuesdays, City Church, 125 MLK Blvd. A bible study for working people downtown. Presented by the Downtown Lunch Bunch Lunch provided.
- SCRIPTURE, TRADITION AND THE DEPOSIT OF FAITH - Victor E. Novak
- Scripture citations from: The Holy Bible, New King James Version; c. 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. c.
- Beeston Village News & Events - we 5 August 2011
- Andrew read Psalm 23 from the King James Bible. Ron was born in Sandy and when he left school he worked as a grocery assistant at the Co-op before joining the army. In 1965 he married Effie and they had three children Pam, Tony and Roy.
- Health happenings
- It is offered as either a four-week series (one 2 1/2-hour class each week) or a weekend (Friday night and Saturday). Cost is $45. Call 888-4HARRIS or visit www.
Suggested Web Resources
- 2 PETER CHAPTER 1 - King James Bible Online
- Jul 7, 2011 The book of 2 Peter chapter 1 from the King James Bible Online.
- 2 PETER CHAPTER 1 (1611 KING JAMES BIBLE)
- The book of 2 Peter chapter 1 from the 1611 King James Bible Online.
- 2 Peter Chapter 1 Comments - King James Bible Online
- Comments on the book of 2 Peter chapter 1 from the King James Bible Online.
Related searchesjohn stewart mill
christopher columbus background
floridablanca pampanga people
body worlds exhibition schedule
franciscan the rule of 1221
myotonic dystrophy respiratory complications
meaning of dreams about ship