realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: II Peter, Chapter 1
|1:1||Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:|
|1:2||Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,|
|1:3||According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:|
|1:4||Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.|
|1:5||And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;|
|1:6||And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;|
|1:7||And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.|
|1:8||For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.|
|1:9||But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.|
|1:10||Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:|
|1:11||For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.|
|1:12||Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.|
|1:13||Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;|
|1:14||Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath showed me.|
|1:15||Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.|
|1:16||For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.|
|1:17||For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.|
|1:18||And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.|
|1:19||We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:|
|1:20||Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.|
|1:21||For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE SECOND LETTER OF PETER
- A modern translation like “The Living Bible” would be best. Discuss the general THE SECOND EPISTLE OF PETER CHAPTER 1 King James Version.
- Student and Teacher's Guide
- Contrary to popular opinion, no one Bible translation can ever hope to reproduce .
- 2 Peter
- King James Bible Study Correspondence Course. An Outreach of danger around us. The words with which Peter opened the second chapter of 2 Peter False teachers will arise from within the church (2 Peter 2:1).
- The Holy Bible
- King James Version. The Holy Bible .. Search The Holy Bible Online at www.
- An Urgent Plea for Christian - The Bible For Today HomePage
- with the greatest English translation of history, the King James Bible.
Suggested News Resources
- Christianity is not Biblical, but Greek
- In the 26th chapter of Acts, King Agrippa becomes angry at the Apostle Paul for trying to persuade him to become a Christian. Later, Peter writes in 1 Peter 4:16 of the benefits from suffering as a Christian.
- Faith Matters
- Choose a session: 12-1 pm and 1-2 pm Tuesdays, City Church, 125 MLK Blvd. A bible study for working people downtown. Presented by the Downtown Lunch Bunch Lunch provided.
- SCRIPTURE, TRADITION AND THE DEPOSIT OF FAITH - Victor E. Novak
- Scripture citations from: The Holy Bible, New King James Version; c. 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. c.
- Beeston Village News & Events - we 5 August 2011
- Andrew read Psalm 23 from the King James Bible. Ron was born in Sandy and when he left school he worked as a grocery assistant at the Co-op before joining the army. In 1965 he married Effie and they had three children Pam, Tony and Roy.
- Health happenings
- It is offered as either a four-week series (one 2 1/2-hour class each week) or a weekend (Friday night and Saturday). Cost is $45. Call 888-4HARRIS or visit www.
Suggested Web Resources
- 2 PETER CHAPTER 1 - King James Bible Online
- Jul 7, 2011 The book of 2 Peter chapter 1 from the King James Bible Online.
- 2 PETER CHAPTER 1 (1611 KING JAMES BIBLE)
- The book of 2 Peter chapter 1 from the 1611 King James Bible Online.
- 2 Peter Chapter 1 Comments - King James Bible Online
- Comments on the book of 2 Peter chapter 1 from the King James Bible Online.
Related searcheslord germain
seijin shiki history
hudson river trivia
cetus history and mythology
frederick douglass death