The Old Ones Live in New Things Too
Copyright held by (Link) Anthony
Imagine living in a time where all things were sacred, in a place where everything you touched was part of a Goddess or God. Since all things were divine, each had a patron Deity. From doorways to ovens, from the farm, to the hunt, to the birth of anything new -- all was special and blessed. While these ideas certainly lived in ancient times, they still live with us today. The Old Ones live in new things too.
New things, born of modern technology and shaped by human hands, are as much a gift as the timeless rivers and the endless seas. We often trivialize things made by humans and see them as less beautiful than other "natural" creations. But we too are part of nature, not something separate. It is our nature to make things, the way a forest makes trees and trees make leaves. Our colorful works of art, our music, our architecture, our discoveries in electronics, medicine and even a simple home-baked apple pie are all a part of nature.
If you can see the everyday things around you as divine, you just might see some Old Friends. Can you see the Goddess of the Hunt living today within your job search, or maybe within a simple trip to buy groceries? Can you see the Ibis-headed God of Writing living within your computer, or maybe within that special letter you pen for someone dear? Do Pan's pipes sing to you just as clearly through your favorite stereo? Can Mars do battle in the Cola Wars, or any other facet of a competitive business?
Who else can you see within the modern objects around you? Who glows within the fire in your electrical devices? What messenger travels through the copper communications link of your phone line? Who ebbs and flows within the watery tides of your household plumbing? Technology has filled our surroundings with aspects of the Old Ones we may never have noticed before. Things we create come from our own unique inspiration, our own insight into that special spark within. The gifts we find without, all stem from what we find within.
Seeing the divinity in all things is not easy at a time where "building too many things" has hurt our fragile eco-system. While we may enjoy the gifts of our technology, we are also challenged to use them wisely, enjoying them in moderation. Doing so will ensure that we continue to build new doorways and ovens for a long, long time to come.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- “Supine Jim”, A Laid-Back Pilot
- or two they come out with new gliders that can do things the old ones couldn't, so you can get higher.
- The Evolution of the Individual
- This work is continuous with an older discussion, one that arose when seen to raise these problems, and then newly described marine animals with strange 2 Julian Huxley, The Individual in the Animal Kingdom, 1911: "The ideals of .
- Roadbed News
- Feb 19, 2011 to all things going on in our lives so it would be nice to catch up, we'd new friends too, been blessed as a result. lost the old ones I guess.
- Call of the Wild TG
- Hal: A callow nineteen/twenty-year old with revolver and belt with many cartridges on it. Which of his traits will serve him well in his new life? .
Suggested News Resources
- I Have Met the Enemy
- I had heard a lot about the Minots from the Coffin Underground, but I had only ever seen them from afar — a few of the young ones in Floyd's, a few of the old ones down at the docks.
- LV MUSIC: Talking a blues streak with Kenny Wayne Shepherd: 'I'm doing my best
- Then we followed that with a live record. So at this point, I figured it was time to get back towards the middle ground between rock and blues, which is where I think most people kind of prefer to hear me play. “So in that, did I try new things?
- Peter Frampton on '70s Fashion, Getting Sober, and Becoming a U.S. Citizen
- I work in the fast lane and live in the slow lane. It's much like the way I grew up in the suburbs of South London—slower and not so many vehicles. My favorite thing to do here is to eat Graeter's ice cream—I usually get the black raspberry chip.
- Sharing the throne
- As a whole it's not totally legible; there are too many ideas, as if Jay-Z and West (billed as the Throne for this project) were auditioning several new styles but forgot to choose one.
- Britney Spears wanted to be a teacher (So, what else has her latest Q&A taught
- "I love kids and even in what I do now one of my favourite parts of my day is getting to meet my fans before the show. Especially the little ones. They are always so cute.
Suggested Web Resources
- Books & Bars » Quotes
- 5 days ago "Wear the old coat and buy the new book." —Austin Phelps . 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.
- Quotes for Teens: Heartbreak and Breaking Up
- Jul 24, 2011 It's so curious: one can resist tears and 'behave' very well in the hardest hours of grief. There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go. .
- Inspiration Line - Daily Inspirational Quotes - Life and Change
- As one grows older, one climbs with surprising strides. . The art of life is to live in the present moment, and to make that moment as perfect as .
- The City Chicken
- Like, what do I do with the ones that are too old to lay eggs, or grow up to be roosters, So my current three hens (I've had up to 30 chickens at once before) live in a . A.
- Anthem by Ayn Rand (Full Text with Annotations)
- I know people want these things because they come to my website searching I hope this new electronic edition will be of value both to those who already Today, the evidence is so blatant that no excuse can be claimed by anyone any longer. .. At forty, they are sent to the Home of the Useless, where the Old Ones live.