To Heal or Not to Heal?
Copyright held by (Link) Anthony
When we help heal another, are we truly helping them? The question is hypothetical, and the answer will surely differ case by case, conscience by conscience. But this is an important question to ponder.
Magical healing usually involves sending energy to speed the recovery of an illness or injury. It can be a gesture of love and support. When we help heal someone, we help make their life a bit more comfortable. But are all the lessons of life comfortable? Many important growth steps involve some type of pain. The pain of childbirth brings new life; the pain of adolescence brings adulthood. Perhaps the pain of illness is a difficult part of the human experience, the lessons of the flesh that we are all born to learn. When we work magic to ease someone's pain, are we cheating them out of something they needed to learn?
There are no right or wrong answers here, but before we help heal someone we should consider what is best for the patient. (They usually know better than we do!) Did the patient ask for our help? What are their beliefs on the afterlife? Do they welcome death as a type of "graduation ceremony" or do they truly wish to live? While it may not always be possible to communicate with the patient, hopefully we know them well enough to understand their wishes. It may be wise to discuss these matters with loved ones beforehand. Many people have a Living Will; does the same concept apply to the use of magic?
While most Pagans speak of Karma and reincarnation, many of us were born into a society where death is feared, rather than accepted as a natural part of the cycle. The fear of death may be the root of our desire to prolong life for our loved ones. A healer should always examine their own motives for wanting to heal. Is it because we truly want to help, or is it because we are afraid of being alone?
The desire to heal someone may be a sign that all living things are linked together. All life has an instinct to survive and to grow, even under painful circumstances. This is equally true for human life as it is for the straggling weeds poking their way up through a tiny crack in the sidewalk. Everything wants to live! Nature gives all organisms the bodily systems to heal itself of many ailments. Antibodies come running to every cell in danger.
But no single organism is ever alone. What if we defined the "organism" as part of a larger collective -- a loving couple, or a family unit, or even all life as a whole? Healers become the antibodies of society. But our bodies sometimes do not heal; they seem to know when to keep trying and when to quit. They eventually let us go in peace. As healers, perhaps we can learn from this lesson as well.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- God's Will to Heal
- God's Will to Heal. Keith Moore. Page 1 of 4.
- Partnering to Heal
- 8. Partnering to Heal. FACILITATOR'S GUIDE.
- God Always Heals but Does Not Always Cure The Search for
- This service is a celebration of the Eucharist and includes readings and prayers specifically geared toward healing, as.
- Drawing to Heal
- to healing.
- WHY LIGAMENTS DO NOT HEAL ON THEIR OWN
- WHY LIGAMENTS DO NOT HEAL ON THEIR OWN. Alvin Stein, M.D.
Suggested News Resources
- Bernanke bets time will heal economy's wounds
- Now it's time to simply wait for it to heal. That was the message delivered by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke in a widely anticipated speech Friday to an annual gathering of bankers at Jackson Hole, Wyo.
- Military widows bond, heal
- “These people are family because when you go through the loss of a spouse when you're young, it's something that no one understands if they haven't lost their spouse, because it's unnatural.
- Carnival 'can heal riot wounds'
- London mayor Boris Johnson has said he hopes this weekend's Notting Hill Carnival will "help heal wounds" left by the recent riots. Mr Johnson urged revellers to "let the true spirit of London shine through" at the annual event.
- Bengals Have A Long Way To Go To Heal Fan Relationship
- The freezing December games, the tense fourth down moments, the two-minute offenses down by two points, the monstrous crowds of a Monday night cheering not because we're at the game, but because it's our team that's on the field.
- Mets manager hopeful Niese will heal quickly
- “For the most part I think those guys can come back if it's not too severe,” manager Terry Collins said before the Mets' 7-4 victory over the Phillies. “He may have to go throw a little bit.
Suggested Web Resources
- Heal or No Heal - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 06/17/09
- Jun 17, 2009 Barack Obama believes the moment is right for health care reform. Airdate - 06/ 17/09.
- To Heal or Not to Heal – Blemish Removal
- 61 Responses to “To Heal or Not to Heal – Blemish Removal” - Add Yours. goofydg1 Says: March 16th, 2010 at 12:36 am. I generally follow those same rules.
- To heal or not to heal: predictive value of in vivo reflectance-mode
- To heal or not to heal: predictive value of in vivo reflectance-mode confocal microscopy in assessing healing course of human burn wounds.
- Chapter 5 - Why won't God heal - Why Won't God Heal Amputees?
- Why not pray to God to heal an amputee, and then track the results of the prayer in a prayer journal? Rationalization #8.
Related searchesjohn rankin abolitionist
great jedi purge the fall of the jedi
meaning of dreams about army
clan jade wolf
miguel de unamuno philosophy