(smith). Irish. A God of smithcraft, one of a trio (see also Credne and Luchta ). Aside from his craftsmanship, he is known as the provider of the Fled Goibnenn, a Sacred Feast. Associated, among other things, with brewcrafting, he is said to have formulated a draught of immortality; note the similarity with the Greco-Roman Hephaestus/Vulcan, a divine smith who was also a brewer. His name survives in Abergavenny (Goibhniu's River).
Suggested News Resources
- The Irish Who Signed the
- The name “Smith” in Ireland is oftentimes a translation of MacGabhann, which is an older Irish name meaning “son of Goibhniu,” who was the Celtic deity of metallurgy. Smith emerged as a leading lawyer of his day and wrote legal opinions denying ...
- The Irish who signed the Declaration of Independence (PHOTOS)
- The name "Smith" in Ireland is oftentimes a translation of MacGabhann, which is an older Irish name meaning "son of Goibhniu," who was the Celtic deity of metallurgy. Smith emerged as a leading lawyer of his day and wrote legal opinions denying ...
- Nach Verbot: Nächtliche Gay Pride in Belgrad
- Belgrad - Eigentlich wäre die Belgrader Regenbogenparade für Samstag geplant gewesen, nach einem Verbot wegen Sicherheitsbedenken fand sie nun doch statt - allerdings schon Freitagnacht. Der Marsch von rund hundert LGBT-Aktivisten (Lesbian, Gay, ...
- Menschenrechte: Russland am häufigsten wegen Grundrechtsverletzungen verurteilt
- Straßburg/Wien - Der Europäische Gerichtshof für Menschenrechte (EGMR) hat in Russland im vergangenen Jahr mit 129 Urteilen die meisten Grundrechtsverletzungen festgestellt. Dies geht aus der Jahresstatistik hervor, die der EGMR am Donnerstag in ...
the diamond age plot
burgher people famous burghers
life after death poem
central processing unit cpu operation