(he of the [Irish] sea). Irish. A child of Ler, and the principal sea-God; his name seems to derive from an earlier form of the Isle of Man. He possesses among other things, the fabulous Crane-Bag, holder of all his treasures, including Language. As with many Aryan Sea-Gods, he has a close association with horses.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Mustang Vox Máxima Manannan Cazanga
- R. Y. Mustang.
- Manannan Invocation Manannan mac Lir, Lord of the Sea Captain of
- Manannan mac Lir, Lord of the Sea. Captain of Wave Sweeper, naught of sail. Heed us and join us now.
Suggested News Resources
- Handbag stolen from motorhome
- The bag was taken from the vehicle, which was parked in the House of Manannan car park, on Sunday, August 21. Police would like to speak to anyone who saw a person or persons acting suspiciously in the area between 8am and 9.30am.
- New wife is to join Manannan at Mannifest
- The giant sculpture of the legendary Manannan, who first appeared in the festival's Glen Lough site last year, will be joined by its mate.
- More problems for Manannan
- A statement from the operator says Manannan suffered a technical issue whilst on its way to the Island yesterday evening, meaning it was severely delayed arriving in Douglas.
- Tunnel foes file suit, seek financing plan
- (August 5, 2011, by manannan) Read more manannan, Describe what you think is "hinkey" about the math. It sounds... (August 5, 2011, by runnybunny) Read more From the story: The state is paying for the tunnel in the same way it finances other.
- Statue returns to lord over site
- STEPH Quayle and Darren Jackson are the artists behind the 30ft statue of Manannan which took centre stage at last year's Mannifest event.
Suggested Web Resources
- Manannán mac Lir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Manannán mac Lir is a sea deity in Irish mythology.
- The Temple of Manannan Mac Lir
- Information about Manx/Celtic God Manannan Mac Lir.
- Who is Manannan Mac Lir?
- Who is Manannan Mac Lyr? A discussion about who the ocean god really is.
- Manannán mac Lír
- Manannán is a lord of the Otherworld, residing at Emhain Abhlach, the Plain of Apples, a paradise.
- Manannan - Shee-eire
- In the early texts Manannán is not associated with the Tuatha Dé Danann and does not appear in accounts of the Battle at Magh Tuiredh (Moytura).