The God of the Hammer
Gaulish/Continental. This is a figure of which a number of images and icons survive. He is invariably represented as a bearded male of pleasant and friendly aspect. He always bears a large, usually long-handled maul. Almost always, he also carries a cup or pot. A number of representations give him a leafy crown, and he is often accompanied by a dog. A few inscriptions survive; some of these name him as "Sucellus" ("Good Striker"), and he is occasionally merged with Silvanus (see above; although note well, the Roman Silvanus never is seen with a maul). Because of his attributes, an identification with Daghda has also been made. He seems to have a number of functions: protector, woodland spirit, healer, and presiding spirit of harvests and, especially, wine-making.
Suggested News Resources
- Mobile Game of the Day: Why YOU Should Start Playing Puzzle & Dragons Today!
- GungHo (the company behind Puzzle and Dragons) will oftentimes announce a Godfest twice every month, and Godfests give a 3x boost to the chances of attaining certain types of Gods. These are the most optimal time to spend stones and pull for Gods, ...
- Ariana Grande Impersonating Other Celebrities Will be the Best thing you see
- Ariana Grande is a woman of many talents, and whether it be singing or acting, this superstar has made a name for herself in recent years, being nominated for two Grammy Awards, winning two MTV Music Video Awards, two MTV Europe Music Video Awards ...
- The Baffling Appeal of Being “Spiritual but Not Religious”
- It's like heading into your kitchen with a hammer and a saw to rebuild the whole room or getting three old carpenters to help you do it right and teach you while they're at it. The reason for not being a real Buddhist is easy to guess.
- State House prayer video draws views, Internet ire
- The God who is in power now. The true living God and that's why we pray this prayer in the name of Jesus.” Bosma was sued in 2005 about allowing sectarian or proselytizing prayers to open daily House sessions.
- How Thomboy Properties pulls off its Palm Springs flips
- They're completely breaking the stereotype of who you think is behind the hammer or the flip or the renovation," said Joe Simeone, a real estate agent with Bennion Deville Homes who represents McCoy and Thomas.
Related searchesmax weber works
holless wilbur allen
kana history of kana
captopril development of captopril
hate speech examples of hate speech