The Fisher King
A confused but powerful set of tales coalesce in the Arthurian mythos to create this figure. Stripped of all the divergent threads and inconsistencies, the essence of the story seems to be that of a Guardian of a sacred treasure (the Grail, in the Arthurian cycle), who is injured with an incurable but unfatal wound, brought about by his own misconduct or inability to maintain the superhuman standards of his office. Though imperfect, and in continual suffering, he nevertheless continues to exert himself in the service of Good, and seems to be redeemed in the end. Note the common thread with Arthur and Merlin of the Flawed Hero.
Suggested News Resources
- Sports biz report: Big East faces a moment of truth
- FISHER KING: So it increasingly looks like, rather than fixing the Knicks, Phil Jackson might have shattered the various illusions that powered the positive feelings around the team by firing Derek Fisher.
- Several reasons why loans went bad in Vijay Mallya's case, says Raghuram Rajan
- The SBI, which leads a consortium of 17 lenders to King Fisher Airlines, declared Mallya wilful defaulter last month. Besides the SBI, United Bank of India (UBI) and the Punjab National Bank (PNB) have also declared Mallya as wilful defaulter. TOP.
- Rendering Unto Caesar: Black Churches Remain Sites of Political Opportunism
- In the 2008 campaign season, during a democratic presidential debate, Wolf Blitzer asked candidates John Edwards, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama “If Dr. Martin Luther King were alive today…why do you think he would or why should he endorse you?
- Prep Spotlight: Pennell ties for second in 3-point shootout
- Chicago Holy Trinity's Christian Camarillo made 10 of 15 to take first place and advance to the King of the Hill finals next Saturday. Peru St. Bede's Nathan Bartley also made ...
- Federation, Fisher King Team on Nordic Noir Series 'Bordertown'
- Paris-based Federation Entertainment, the outfit behind Mathieu Kassovitz's spy series “The Bureau,” has partnered up with Finnish shingle Fisher King Production on “Bordertown,” a Scandinavian crime series directed by Miikko Oikkonen, Jyri Kähönen and ...