Morgan le Fay
The final incarnation of the Irish valkyrie Morrigan, Morgan plays a critical but ambiguous role in the Arthurian cycle. Portrayed as a mortal female deeply learned in Magick and a close relative of Arthur's (maternal half-sister), she is always at odds with Arthur, and is responsible for any of a number of attempts to drag him down. Once he is mortally wounded though, and his cause a pyyrhic and ultimately futile victory, it is Morgan who appears at his side, nursing him and taking him off to the Isle of Avalon, to rest until his presence is needed once more. One gets the distinct impression (at least, I do...) that she somehow engineered the rise of Arthur to the status of Hero, in order to create an Eternal Champion of Britain. This notion is supported somewhat by the earlier Morrigan's ambiguous relationship with CuChulainn, in which she took him up on his desire for a short but glorious life, and violently opposed him until, at his doom, she used his blood to nourish the soil of Eire.
Suggested News Resources
- Mystical-Folk Singer Globelamp Reclaims Her Myth
- "Le Fey"—the singer's adopted surname—is inspired by Morgan le Fay, a character from Arthurian folklore. "Morgan le Fay is like a dark fairy who was misunderstood," says le Fey, whose birth name is Elizabeth Gomez.
- FIREside Radio's King Arthur series continues at Younts
- FIREside Radio will take listeners to the mythic world of King Arthur and his realm Friday at Fountain Inn's Younts Center. But all's not well in the kingdom.
- Morgane Le Fay Pre-Fall 2016
- Morgane Le Fay has been around since the Eighties when Liliana Casabal channeled Soho's creative and intellectual spirit into a women's collection sold only at the namesake store — until now. “Wholesaling has more recently become part of our strategy ...
- Fabulous music is the glue that binds wonderful 'Dragon' ballet
- Guest artist Jordyn Richter from Suzanne Farrell Ballet, who danced as Morgan le Fay, was brilliant and a pleasure to watch. Each turn, jump, and pose was true to her character. Richter flows with the movement and commands the stage.
dream meaning dictionary death
koreshanity major beliefs