What are the Different Types of Magick?
Paula & Gordon Ireland Proprietors
Earth Spirit Emporium: Books & Stuff
"Where Olde Traditions meet the New Age"
These is high and low, black
and white, tantric, and chaos magick, there are candle, herb, sympathetic,
representational, symbolic, color, crystal, knot, moon, and elemental magick.
Now this is not a complete list, there are many more such as fairy, tree,
sigil and even gargoyle magick. Raymond Buckland and Silver RavenWolf give
the following summary of the different types of magick; each form is well
represented in either of their books.
Candle magick is the use of colored candles to represent the four elements,
air, fire, water and earth. When lit these representations are powerful
Since the beginning of time mankind has used herbs to heal and
perform magick. The use of herbs in magick is only second to sympathetic
magick in age.
Sympathetic magick is the oldest form of known magick. When
early man first started the hunt he would wear animal skins to become part of
the animal he was hunting. There are many cave drawings that depict this,
but none better than the "Sorcerer" in France.
Those who practice Voodoo or Santeria magick use representational
magick, similar to sympathetic magick. Representational magick is the use of
a personal item, such as a lock of hair or a fingernail clipping to represent
the person for whom the spell is cast.
Symbolic or divination magick is the
use of symbols to represent various ideas. This includes Tarot, Runes and
numerology. Color magick, which is another form or symbolic magick, is the use
of color to achieve a desired result. Each color has a certain quality
assigned to it, and the combination or the individual use of this assigned
color will bring about the desired result.
Crystal or gem stone magick works off the principle that stones give
off a vibration and that using this vibration will assist the practitioner in
healing or in casting a spell.
Knot magick or binding magick utilizes rope,
string, yarn or ribbons to perform a binding spell, which allows the
practitioner to stop someone from performing an unwanted action.
emphasizes the different phases of the moon to perform certain types of
Elemental magick uses the four basic elements of magick; fire, water,
earth and air. Each element has different properties; therefore, they can be
used separately or together in achieving a desired result.
It is important that you understand that each of these forms of magick
has a basic common denominator, that being the intent and the ability to
visualize of the individual. The better the ability to visualize and the
clearer the intent, the greater the chances of achieving your desired result.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- MAGIC REALISM: A TYPOLOGY
- by distinguishing between different types of Magic Realism, while main- taining the links and points of contact between them.
- INVESTIGATIONS ON A NEW TYPE OF MAGIC SQUARE
- is also the reason why we can construct ordinary magic squares with 36 entries. .
- It's Magic Badge - Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois
- Types of Magic: Learn about three different types of magic. What makes each type unique? Name a magic trick for each of the different techniques.
- MAGIC SQUARES
- In this kind of magic square where consecutive counting numbers are not used, the magic number rule does not apply.
Suggested News Resources
- Witchcraft and Television
- who gets hinky any time a kid in black shows up to circle? Wouldn't she be the exact kind of person to launch into “Why I'ma REAL witch! I was afflicted with my gifts and shunned by my fellows.
Suggested Web Resources
- Magick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Since the time of Crowley's writing about magick, many different spiritual and 5.1 General; 5.2 Types of magick; 5.
- Different Types of Magic
- Sep 30, 2008 Magic (sorcery) involves use of different ways and types of magic to achieve supernatural effects on people, objects or situations.
- CollegeWicca.com - Wiccans and Witches and Pagans, OH MY!
- A person can practice magick without being a Witch.
- What are the Different Types of Magick? | RM.com ®
- These is high and low, black and white, tantric, and chaos magick, there are candle, herb, sympathetic, representational, symbolic,...