What are the Different Types of Magick?
Paula & Gordon Ireland Proprietors
Earth Spirit Emporium: Books & Stuff
"Where Olde Traditions meet the New Age"
These is high and low, black
and white, tantric, and chaos magick, there are candle, herb, sympathetic,
representational, symbolic, color, crystal, knot, moon, and elemental magick.
Now this is not a complete list, there are many more such as fairy, tree,
sigil and even gargoyle magick. Raymond Buckland and Silver RavenWolf give
the following summary of the different types of magick; each form is well
represented in either of their books.
Candle magick is the use of colored candles to represent the four elements,
air, fire, water and earth. When lit these representations are powerful
Since the beginning of time mankind has used herbs to heal and
perform magick. The use of herbs in magick is only second to sympathetic
magick in age.
Sympathetic magick is the oldest form of known magick. When
early man first started the hunt he would wear animal skins to become part of
the animal he was hunting. There are many cave drawings that depict this,
but none better than the "Sorcerer" in France.
Those who practice Voodoo or Santeria magick use representational
magick, similar to sympathetic magick. Representational magick is the use of
a personal item, such as a lock of hair or a fingernail clipping to represent
the person for whom the spell is cast.
Symbolic or divination magick is the
use of symbols to represent various ideas. This includes Tarot, Runes and
numerology. Color magick, which is another form or symbolic magick, is the use
of color to achieve a desired result. Each color has a certain quality
assigned to it, and the combination or the individual use of this assigned
color will bring about the desired result.
Crystal or gem stone magick works off the principle that stones give
off a vibration and that using this vibration will assist the practitioner in
healing or in casting a spell.
Knot magick or binding magick utilizes rope,
string, yarn or ribbons to perform a binding spell, which allows the
practitioner to stop someone from performing an unwanted action.
emphasizes the different phases of the moon to perform certain types of
Elemental magick uses the four basic elements of magick; fire, water,
earth and air. Each element has different properties; therefore, they can be
used separately or together in achieving a desired result.
It is important that you understand that each of these forms of magick
has a basic common denominator, that being the intent and the ability to
visualize of the individual. The better the ability to visualize and the
clearer the intent, the greater the chances of achieving your desired result.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Magic Rules! Part 1: The Types of Magic - June Diehl
- Fantasy authors must decide the types of magic allowed to work within the created ... different types of magic, but a starter to help focus on your magical system.
- The Basics of Magick - www hermetics org
- K. Thought forms; wraths, fetches, artificial elementals ... developed their own unique types of magick.
- A Practical Guide to Witchcraft and Magic Spells - Tikaboo
- This is a book about white magick and witchcraft as sources of wisdom, healing and positivity. Like ... forms in many different cultures and ages.
- Modern Magick - Ursi's Eso Garden
- Modern magick : eleven lessons in the high magickal art / Donald. MichaelKraig. ......
- i c W a n d - Sacred Magick
- The Golden Dawn, for example, had a different wand for every officer of ... type of wand, the Magic Wand, which is used for directing energy and willpower.
Suggested Web Resources
- Types of Magick - Meta Religion
- Magick is simply the use of energy within us and available in nature. Everyone can produce magick. There are different kinds of magick and some people are ...
- Kinds Of Magick - Meta Religion
- Magick is the technique of harnessing the secret powers of Nature and .... light within, which is often personified by the high gods of different cosmologies.
- Reference :Types of Magick - Spells Of Magic
- this is for the beginners as to wot is some of the different types of magick and also a refresher for others , just one of the many articles and rituals on ...
- Types of Magic:Ceremonial,Folk,Witchcraft,Black and White
- In fact, there's a wide variety of different magical practices in existence, and there ... Ceremonial magic is a type of magic that depends heavily on book learning; ...
- Different Types of Witchcraft - Wild Witch Academy
- Different types of Wiccan and Natural Witches ... Kitchen Witch (Natural) - A kitchen witch is one who practices magic having to deal with the home and practical ...
international cricket council history
four dimensional painting
d ghetto resistance in the d ghetto
daniel boone ancestry