What are the elements, and how many of them are there?
Paula & Gordon Ireland Proprietors
Earth Spirit Emporium: Books & Stuff
"Where Olde Traditions meet the New Age"
In the context of magick and ritual, you will find that the four elements of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth are often used. These are powerful representations of natural magick. On the pentacle, our sacred symbol, each point of the star represents one element. The top point of the star stands for the fifth element, that of the Spirit. It means centering, transformation, and that its limits are beyond time and space, as we understand them...
The four elements are:
Air: Compass point: East. Represents intellect, communication, knowledge, concentration; the ability to "know" and
to understand; to unlock secrets of the dead; to contact the angels; telepathy, memory and wisdom; the hawk, the
raven and the eagle; prophecy; movement, Karma and speed.
Fire: Compass point: South. Stands for energy, purification, courage, the will to dare, creativity; higher self; success
and refinement; the arts and transformation; the lion, the phoenix and the dragon; loyalty and force.
Water: Compass point: West. Associated with intuition, emotions, the inner self, flowing movement, the power to
dare and cleanse all things; sympathy and love; reflection; currents and tides of life; the dolphin, the swan and the crab; dreams and dream time.
Earth: Compass point: North. Mystery and growth, fertility, material abundance, the combined forces of nature and
its bounty; birth and healing; business, industry and possessions; the bear, the stag and the wolf; conservation and
Suggested News Resources
- Bernie Sanders Won America's Largest Arab Community by Being Open to Them
- He invited her up to the stage and cited his own background as the grandson of Holocaust victims as informing his views on bigotry, telling her, “There is a lot of anger being generated, hatred being generated, against Muslims in this country.
- American Crime EP Breaks Down That 'Difficult' Finale Cliffhanger and More
- Over the course of the last 10 weeks, the ABC drama hasn't given viewers many moments of levity, as its sophomore season tackled the heavy issues of sexual assault, social class and mental health, among others. But in Wednesday's ...
- Saving Yazidis from ISIS, one captive at a time
- Some 3,403 men and boys have been captured, with just more than 900 making it back to their families. In total, some 1,293 Yazidis have been killed by ISIS, many of them among the men and boys taken and given the choice of joining ISIS or being killed.
- How Do Athletes Find Their Way To Modern Pentathlon, A Sport Made Up Of Five
- At a camp that summer, the other sports turned out to be running, fencing and pistol shooting — a proto-modern pentathlon minus the equestrian element. ... Now as many as 800 Americans compete seriously in pentathlon, he said.
Related searchestower of london location
africa precolonial africa
wayanad basic information
mighty ducks of anaheim third jersey
sir douglas mawson
five minute massage