Working With Chakras
Paula & Gordon Ireland Proprietors
Earth Spirit Emporium: Books & Stuff
"Where Olde Traditions meet the New Age"
The Major Chakras
The major chakras are situated at:
- MASTER: Base chakra (base of spine, between anus and genitals)
- Spleen chakra (slightly below the belly button)
- Solar Plexus chakra (1 hand-span above the belly button)
- MASTER: Heart chakra (center of the chest)
- Throat chakra (base of throat, above where it joins the chest)
- Brow chakra (exact center of forehead)
- MASTER: Crown chakra (whole top of head above the hairline)
They are best imagined as roughly the size of the palm of your hand, except
for the crown chakra, which is much larger.
What Are Chakras?
Chakras are non-physical organs that transform raw Kundalini energy into more subtle, and useable, forms of energy, of a different type. The chakras do not, themselves, contain energy. Raw energy is drawn up from the planet, by the minor chakras in the legs and feet, and fed into the main chakra system.
Kundalini energy is, in essence, pure thought energy that permeates and binds the universe together. This living energy field can be tapped, more deeply, by the application of focused, creative will. It can be drawn into the human body and transformed, by the chakra system, into a more subtle and useable form of energy
The chakras are attached to the spinal cord and nervous system via certain glands and nerve ganglia. The full chakra system is extremely complex. There are 3 master, 4 major and over 300 minor chakras in the human body. There are also several non-physical chakras situated outside of the body. Detailed maps of the chakra system and their connecting meridians and pathways have been used for thousands of years in Eastern mysticism and medicine, i.e., acupuncture. The chakra system is used with every psychic ability, no exceptions. Whatever the psychic ability, the method of development or the terminology used to describe it, it is all done the same way, through chakra stimulation. It is impossible to manifest any psychic ability without first stimulating the chakras.
Many people will deny this, above, and claim they have never done any chakra, energy work, but still have psychic abilities. There are many ways to develop you, agreed, but they all, directly or indirectly, stimulate the chakra system. And let's not forget natural ability. Many people are born with naturally active chakras and hence, natural psychic ability.
Mediums are people who exhibit psychic abilities when aided by a nonphysical spirit entity. This entity stimulates the chakras of the medium directly, by melding with the medium and causing psychic abilities, clairvoyance, channeling, healing, production of ectoplasm etc to manifest through the medium. This is why they are called Mediums or channels, i.e., they have the ability to become a passive vehicle for a spirit entity to affect, or communicate with, the physical world.
You do not need a spirit entity to develop and use a psychic ability. If you learn to control your own chakras and energy, you can do these things on your own, with no spirit entity involved, and without the inherent risk involved with that method.
Sit, or lie down, do the relaxation exercise and clear your mind with breath awareness. Focus your awareness in your feet. Use your HANDS to pull energy up from your feet, through your legs, to the base chakra. Imagine you are gripping energy and pulling it up through you. Just like you did when you used these HANDS with breath awareness and color breathing, pulling air and energy into your lungs.
Note: Try and imagine your HANDS are inside your legs and just inside the front of your torso as you do this.
Use breath awareness as an aide to energy raising. Draw energy up through you, with the inhale, and hold it in place on the exhale. Do this over and over again, pulling energy to the Base chakra, for at least a few minutes. You may or may not feel anything while you do this. Even if you don't, you are still drawing some energy with this exercise. The amount of energy drawn up through you will increase as the chakras develop with time and use.
From the feet, up the legs to the base center, is a natural path for the energy that flows through you. This energy will stimulate your chakras and they will transform this, basic energy, into energy of a different type. This transformed energy will then flow into your subtle bodies, energizing them. With practice, you will actually FEEL this energy tingling and surging through you.
Opening a chakra: Your imaginary HANDS are used for this. Imagine you are tearing open a bread roll at the site of a chakra when you are asked to do this. You don't have to visualize anything, just FEEL like you are doing this, as if you were doing it in real life without looking at what you are doing.
Chakras are non-physical centers, so you need a non-physical method to stimulate them. This is achieved by focusing your awareness in the area of a chakra and using your mind to manipulate it. You need a localized, mental opening effect in a chakra to stimulate it; this tearing open action, with your imaginary HANDS, provides it. By moving your point of awareness to the site of a chakra and causing a mental opening effect with your HANDS, you are directly stimulating the chakra.
Note: Do the energy raising exercise, as above, before stimulating the chakras. Use breath awareness to aide your HANDS in pulling energy into each chakra, i.e., draw energy UP on the inhale and HOLD it on the exhale, with all the chakra stimulation exercises below.
- Base chakra: Raise energy up to your Base chakra. Use your HANDS to open it. Pull energy INTO the Base chakra. Repeat this first step, thoroughly,
- Spleen chakra: Draw energy from the feet, through the Base chakra and on up to the Spleen chakra. Open the Spleen chakra. Repeat this three times,
starting at feet.
- Solar Plexus chakra: Draw energy from the feet, through the Base and Spleen chakras and on up to the Solar Plexus chakra. Open the Solar Plexus
chakra. Repeat this three times, starting at feet.
- Heart chakra: Draw energy up from the feet, through the Base, Spleen and Solar Plexus chakras and on up to the Heart chakra. Open the Heart chakra.
Repeat this three times, starting at feet.
- Throat chakra: Draw energy up from the feet, through the Base, Spleen, Solar Plexus and heart chakras to the Throat chakra. Open the Throat chakra.
Repeat this three times, starting at feet.
- Brow chakra: Draw energy up from the feet, through the Base, Spleen, Solar Plexus, Heart and Throat chakras to the Brow chakra. Open the Brow
chakra. Repeat this three times, starting at feet.
- Crown chakra: Draw energy up to the Crown chakra as in the previous step. Open the Crown chakra. This chakra is much larger than the others (whole top
of head, above hairline). Imagine you have a much larger, flatter bread roll inside the top of your head and are tearing it open with your HANDS, or like you are tearing your scalp open. Repeat this entire process twice, starting with the feet.
Note: Try your best not to tense any muscles during these exercises. You may, however, feel a slight internal contracting, a feeling that is NOT muscular while you are stimulating your chakras. These are the glands and nerve ganglia, linked to the chakras, contracting in response to the stimulation. This internal contracting is normal.
The Base, or Root chakra, is a MASTER chakra and THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE TO ACTIVATE. This chakra is the doorway for the Kundalini energy. Unless this is opened sufficiently, the energy cannot flow into the other chakras. I suggest you concentrate most of your time and energy into stimulating your Base chakra, at least in the early stages of chakra development.
Note: When I first started raising energy and developing my chakras, many years ago, I didn't feel ANY sensation for several months. Many people, though, have reported to me strong energy and chakra sensation the first time they used them. Some people have more natural chakra activity than others. Lack of any sensation, though, will not stop you from stimulating and developing them, even if, as was my case, you feel nothing at first. I did not have ANY natural chakra activity or ANY natural psychic ability when I first started energy work.
Stop And Check
Check your muscles for any tensing during the energy raising and chakra stimulation exercises, and re-relaxes as needed. Your muscles will automatically try and respond to the mental action of pulling energy up through you. Remember that this is ALL mental, your body must stay calm and relaxed throughout.
The sensations you will feel in your chakras can vary, according to the degree of activity occurring in them, i.e., your physical make up, natural ability, concentration and relaxation skills affect this. It can vary from a gentle warmth, a localized pressure, or bubbling (like stomach wind), a localized dizziness, a tingling, a gentle pulsing, to a heavier throbbing, or a combination of some or all of the above. The heavier the thrumming, the more active the chakra. If you place your hand on a chakra, when it is active, you will actually feel the flesh pulsing.
Some of the chakras, when active, can cause other odd, localized sensations:
Base chakra: You may feel a very slight burning or tingling, or a cramping, like you have been riding a bicycle for too long, to begin with. Once it is working properly, you will feel a gentle pulsing or throbbing between your legs, at the site of the chakra.
Solar Plexus Chakra: This can sometimes cause a shortness of breath feeling, which can cause you to hyperventilate. This will pass, with time and use, as the chakra stabilizes.
Heart Chakra: The heart chakra merits special mention due to the strong, and sometimes frightening, sensation it can cause. When strongly activated it can feel like your heart is racing at an impossible rate. It is a powerful sensation. Try and ignore this when it happens, it won't hurt you. It is not your heart racing but the chakra working. I know this is easier said than done, ignoring it, but with practice and familiarity you can. This racing is more apparent in the early stages of development. I think this is caused by a lack of energy flowing from the lower centers. In a way it is like a pump racing, when it does not have enough fluid to pump.
The heart chakra, when fully operational, feels like: Place one hand on your chest, with your finger tips resting in the middle of it over your heart. Tap your fingers on your chest, in time with your heart. Increase this rate until you are tapping as fast and hard as your fingers can move.
Note: Your actual heart rate does NOT speed up with this racing sensation. If you hook yourself up to a heart monitor, you will see that your heat beat hardly changes at all.
Throat Chakra: The throbbing in it can cause a very mild choking feeling, because of the sensitive area it is in. This feels something like having an emotional lump in the base of your throat.
Crown Chakra: When fully active it feels like a thousand soft, warm fingers gently massaging the inside of the top of your head, above the hairline, and extending down in the center of the forehead, to include the brow chakra, which is part of it. This sensation is the reason the Buddhists call it "The Thousand Petalled Lotus".
Note: You may feel a stronger sensation in some chakras and little or none in others. Concentrate on the lowest ones with the least sensation. This will help balance the energy flow in the Chakra systems.
If you are unbalanced, during projection the inactive chakras can cause failure, i.e., you may get your body partly loose but find you are stuck to your body at the site of the inactive chakra. If this happens, concentrate on stimulating the inactive chakra prior to projection.
After beginning chakra work, you may find psychic abilities start to grow in you. This is a natural offshoot of stimulating the chakras. In my next series, on more advanced energy work, I will show how to develop and use some of these abilities and how to raise the Kundalini.
Practice -- Some relaxation, breath awareness, concentration and mental hands exercises should, ideally, be carried out daily. They can be done anywhere and anytime you have a few minutes to spare.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Fostering Healthy Chakras in Children
- chakras provides a profound mirror to the stages of childhood development.
- CHAKRA PROCESS FOR LIFE DECISIONS CEREMONY
- Unlike with Brahmari breathing, where we start with the seventh or crown chakra working down, we'll start with the first chakra and work our way up. Inhale.
- a Blend of Bodywork, reflexology, and energy Work
- is using the manifesting descending flow of energy in the chakras. When working with chakras, think of health as being on a continuum.
- Working With Auras and Chakras
- Oct 13, 2010 Working With Auras and Chakras. Auras: The Energy of Life. Auras from hands indicate mood and health I have seen auras my entire life.
- CHAKRAS: Your Link to Self-Discovery
- work cohesively.
Suggested News Resources
- Working through the awkward chakra at Wanderlust.
- Steeped in the yogic philosophy, Christina immediately diagnosed my inability to "blend" with an imbalance in my first chakra, which is tied in with one's sense of belonging.
- Yoga Newbie: The Indian Origin of Yoga at Kundalini Class
- Currently, she is working on introducing the seven chakras, and this particular class focused on the second chakra, the third eye, located at eye level.
- The Chakras record debut album
- For a group to move to London is now unusual In this era of social media and global internet communications as the process of sharing and working on projects from anywhere in the world is so much easier these days.
- About The Column
- While my heart chakra is open the connection with the next two chakras in either direction needs a little work. The chakra below the heart is Manipura, or the Solar Plexus Chakra controlling gut feelings.
Suggested Web Resources
- Working with the Chakras
- Some recommendations for working with your chakras.
- Find out the states of your chakras by doing this chakra test.
- Techniques For Working With Chakras
- How do you learn to balance chakras? The answer is by sensing or scanning the energies of the chakras, and then by modulating them.
- What are Chakras
- Chakra's by KayAhRa Chakra and Spiritual Healer.
Related searcheslondon in film victorian london
the phil hendrie show austin amarka
norfolk physical geography
jharkhand flora and fauna