What are the names for the thirteen moons of the year?
Paula & Gordon Ireland Proprietors
Earth Spirit Emporium: Books & Stuff
"Where Olde Traditions meet the New Age"
There are thirteen Lunar months in the year, the Full Moon is near the mid point of the Lunar Month. The Lunar Moons listed here may not always occur as given because the first New Moon of a new Lunar Year may not coincide with the first day of the first Month. Please double check with a new Lunar Calendar. This listing is more for general information than definitive dates.
Full Moon Listing
January, The Wolf Moon
The first full moon is a time of silence and sitting by the home fire. As the wild winter howls, appreciate the warmth of home and family. Now is the time to go within and plan the changes you will make in the spring. Consider now what you will plant. Start a moon journal to record your lunar tides and write down your spring dreams.
v February, The Storm Moon
At this Moon begin your spring cleaning. Think about what needs to be released and let go of in your life and in your home. Burn white candles and purifying incense, sweep out the cobwebs and prepare for the new growth of spring.
March, The Chaste Moon
This is the Moon of the maiden and Faery folk. Gather the seeds of inspiration and imagine what they can grow into. Build an Altar to the Moon and bless your garden in the moonlight. Prepare the earth for planting and yourself for change.
April, The Seed Moon
At the Seed Moon plant your seeds of magick, whether it be in a garden, in a pot by the window or simply in your heart. Fill your home with light and flowers, create colorful eggs to decorate it and bring fertility and joy. On the full Moon plant herbs. Sing in the rain...
May, The Hare Moon
Now is the time to celebrate life and love. Renew and affirm your sensuality, kindle the fire of romance . Dance and make love by the light of a bon fire, the glow of red candles, or just the full moons radiance. Free your wild nature....
June, The Dyad Moon
See how things are growing! The old has died away to make room for the new . Create an Altar of roses and honor the beauty of nature. Send flowers to your mother. Hike to the top of a mountain...
July, The Mead Moon
Bask in the warmth of summer and take time for yourself, relax. Perhaps a moonlit walk by the sea to gather sacred seashells. Make an ocean amulet necklace for one you love.
August, The Corn Moon
This is a time to harvest the gifts you have nurtured and give to those who are in need. Collect and store fresh herbs for the coming winter. Bake special breads to honor the God and Goddess of grain and growing things, share them with your family and friends but save some to offer the Earth.
September, The Harvest Moon
Drink a toast to Dionysus, the God of wine and ecstasy - The son of the Moon! Gather with friends to celebrate the vine with a bottle of good wine and good cheer. Catch the Moons reflection in your cup and raise it up in salutation, now drink in her essence and feel the presence of the God and Goddess.
October, The Blood Moon
In the past this was the time of hunting and storing. The wheel of the year turns like the cycle of life and death. At this Moon the veil is thin, make an Altar to honor your ancestors and ask them to guide and protect you. Carve pumpkins and place candles within to light their way.
November, The Snow Moon
Winter's cold descends and outward growth slows. Make this a time for inner growth. Learn a new craft or study thwarts of divination. When the Moon is full do a reading for yourself or your friends. Develop your psychic talents.
December, The Oak Moon
The time of the Suns return approaches and the Moon awaits her lover. Make wreaths of Holly, Pine, Oak, Cedar or Ivy. On the full Oak Moon burn them as an offering to the Sun and Moon. Create a sacred Moon ornament to hang on the boughs of your yule tree.
The Blue Moon
This is the second Full Moon which falls within in a single month, it varies each year. When the Blue Moon occurs plan to do something strange, something you have never done before. Write letters to folks you have not seen for years, plan a surprise for someone you love. Howl at the Moon!
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Thirteen Moon Calendar Self-Study Pilot Program
- calendar, then in one year our consciousness will bring the orbital solar . The names of the thirteen perfectly equal moons (think of justice and equality for all!
- Welcome to the Thirteen Moon Calendar 20 13
- The synchronization, or new year's date of the 13 Moon calendar is July 26.
- The Thirteen Moons In Motion - Lawoftime.org
- Among the thirteen moons of the Yellow Magnetic Seed year, find your birthday. Note the.
- Ashi-Nisiwag Giizisoog
- The turtle's shell has thirteen central plates, called scutes. The traditional Ojibwe calendar year follows a 13 moon lunar cycle.
- Tth′ėn (Dėne) Acāhkosak (Cree) The Night Sky
- Students will learn how the year is divided into 13 moons, according to observable ..
Suggested News Resources
- As names go, Halifax beats boring HRM
- A name change has, of course, been kicked around before. In 2007, council voted 13-8 against a motion by Coun. Bob Harvey (Lower Sackville) to rename the municipality Halifax.
- Broken Hill too green for Mad Max
- He has gathered 13 artists for Unite and Take Over: Comic Stories Inspired by the Smiths, each of whom will take on a different Smiths classic.
- Page 2's most memorable Randy Moss moments
- By Patrick Dorsey It lasted 13-plus years and winded through West Virginia, Minnesota, Oakland, New England and Nashville. Now it's over. But Page 2 isn't jumping off just yet.
- Randy Moss Retirement: Why Moss Should Be a Hall-of-Famer
- Moss played for 13 seasons and set some records that may never be matched. Drafted out of Marshall University with the 21st overall selection in the 1998 NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings, Moss quickly made his mark.
- DuPont High's Finest: Randy Moss and Jason Williams
- Thirteen years ago they flew in like bats out of hell doing whatever it was they wanted to do, and they left the stage just as abruptly. All the while, neither of them pretended to be anything they were not. I can respect that.
Suggested Web Resources
- Frequently Asked 13-Moon, 28-Day Calendar Questions
- A 13-Moon Calendar is the logical and natural way to count the 365-day year ..
- Basic 13 Moon Calendar Primer
- Since there are 13 Tones in the sacred calendar and 13 Moons per solar year, the Moons take on the names and qualities of the 13 Tones.
- What are the names for the thirteen moons of the year? | RM.com ®
- There are thirteen Lunar months in the year, the Full Moon is near the mid point of the Lunar Month. The Lunar Moons listed here...
- Thirteen Moons on a Turtle's Back
- Dec 13, 2003 Many Native Americans share the knowledge of the thirteen moons on a turtle's back. which represent the thirteen moons which make up the lunar year.
- About 13 Moons « Thirteen Moons
- Aug 23, 2010 The turtle's shell has thirteen central plates, called scutes. The traditional Ojibwe calendar year follows a 13 moon lunar cycle.
zzyzx california history
angel island california history