(foam-born) Daughter, after a fashion, of Kronos (she is said to have emerged from the sea following his dismemberment by Zeus: his
genitalia being cast into the waters off Cyprus), Goddess of sexual passion and physical beauty. Her cult was widespread, and She was often invoked
for help in matters of the heart. Patroness of (among other things) prostitution, her rites were nevertheless austere and highly formalized.
Suggested News Resources
- Pet of the Week – Aphrodite
- ST. LOUIS (KTVI) – Aphrodite, a three-year-old Lab-terrier mix, has quickly become a favorite among the staffers and volunteers at the Metro East Humane Society because she is so sweet and well-behaved. She came to MEHS as an unclaimed stray from ...
- Gallery St. Thomas to Open Aphrodite Show on March 11
- Gallery St. Thomas will open its new exhibit from 5-8 p.m.
- Would Aphrodite's garden by any other name smell as sweet?
- Some members of the council, quite rightly, want to bank on the connection to Aphrodite. They think that in order to do this, they need to change the name of Geroskipou to 'Ieros Kypos'.
- Aphrodite advances WA deposit
- Aphrodite told shareholders this week that the results of the scoping study would be combined with the results of a 2012 scoping study that focused on the underground development, mining and processing of refractory gold mineralisation at the Aphrodite ...
- New impetus to Aphrodite field's monetisation efforts
- An important positive development for the monetisation of the Aphrodite oil and gas field offshore Cyprus is the recently-approved agreement by the government between Houston-based Noble firm and energy giant BG. Because this brings new impetus to the ...
Related searchesdiving cylinder parts of a cylinder
hillbilly the hillbilly stereotype
franks the frankish empire
stillwater oklahoma geography
ervil lebaron history