(destroyer) Child of Zeus and twin brother of Artemis. A solar God with many attributes and realms of function, His Presence was
unendurable to all save Zeus and his mother, Leto. He was before all a purifier, a bringer of justice and Divine Will. He shares with Artemis the
attribute of archery, and is often imaged bearing a bow. Another common image has him bearing a lyre, refering to his patronage of music, especially
that which proclaims joyous communion with the Gods. He communicates to mankind more directly than any other, through the medium of Oracles;
his most famous oracular temple was at Delphi.
Suggested News Resources
- WATCH: Todd Tucker Hints Phaedra Parks Knew About Apollo Nida's Fraud Activity
- While seemingly arguing over Tucker and his wife Kandi Burruss' decision to hold Apollo Nida's bikes and their feud over Parks' missing workout video payment to Tucker, things get extremely ugly between Tucker and Parks.
- Apollo Education sale 'golden parachute' could be worth $22 million for executives
- Top executives for the Apollo Education Group could divide nearly $22 million in cash and stock awards from the sale of the struggling company to private investors in a deal with few alternatives, financial records show.
- Charlie Parker to be inducted into Apollo Walk of Fame
- The Apollo Theater is inducting jazz saxophonist, Charlie “Yardbird” Parker, into the Apollo Walk of Fame. The ceremony in honor of Parker will include is set toake place on March 30 at 5 p.m.
- Trojan girls take aim at Apollo title
- Members of the Charleston High School girls' track team pictured are: (first row) Triniti Brown, Hope Griffin, Julia Griffin, Kyanna Irizarry, Amya Lenox, Maegan Flight, Miranda Cooley, Sabrina Ryan, Macy Riedemann and Natalie Metzler.
- 'Creed 2' Will Focus Not On Rocky Balboa But On Apollo Creed's Son, Producer Says
- “Creed” did not feature the title character's father Apollo Creed played by Carl Weathers in the first four “Rocky” films released in 1976, 1979, 1982 and 1985, respectively.