An early agrarian Deity from the Aegean and Cyprus whose story has become inextricably mixed with that of the hero Theseus. In that tale,
she is a mortal carried off by Theseus after he defeats the Minotaur, but inadvertantly abandoned to die before he reaches Athens. On Naxos, though,
a cult to an Ariadne as a seasonal or vegetation Goddess was preserved, in which the later Thesean tale was introduced into her rites as a sad
counterpoint to a joyful rite of springtime renewal, thus completing a seasonal cycle.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- “Ariadne – Understanding MMORPG Addiction” by Nicholas Yee, 2002. http:// www.nickyee.
- BOOK REVIEW Cretan Woman: Pasiphae, Ariadne, and Phaedra in
- appearances of Pasiphae, Ariadne and Phaedra, whose stories of sexual perversion and betrayal excite both revulsion and sympathy. A.
Suggested News Resources
- Small Opera Group Offers Engaging 'Ariadne'
- One such group, the Dell'Arte Opera Ensemble, is presenting a brief summer season, consisting of Richard Strauss's "Ariadne auf Naxos" and Mozart's "The Magic Flute.
- Bogage heads Maryland/Israel Development Center
- Direct Dimensions is a 3-D imaging technology firm in Owings Mills and Ariadne is a biotech software company in Rockville. This year, MIDC also established a for-profit arm to invest in Israeli startups through a new venture capital fund.
- Woman charged in Soquel fatal hit-and-run pleads not guilty
- Wertz waived her right to a speedy trial and Judge Ariadne Symons set an Oct. 7 court date to confirm a preliminary hearing date. The CHP arrested Wertz on Aug.
- BioMarCare Technologies Ltd. Receives a $900k Grant for a Joint Project with
- BioMarCare and Ariadne Inc. will jointly develop a diagnostic test, based on a panel of protein biomarkers, to direct the personal care of patients with metastatic stage colorectal cancer.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ariadne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ariadne in Greek mythology, was daughter of King Minos of Crete, and his queen Pasiphaë, daughter of Helios, the Sun-titan.
- Ariadne Genomics: Home
- ARIADNE Pathway Studio powered by MedScan Technology is used worldwide as a solution for pathway and molecular interaction analysis.
- ARIADNE : Goddess Wife of Dionysus | Greek mythology, w/ pictures
- ARIADNE was the immortal wife of the wine-god Dionysos. There were several versions of her story.
- Ariadne Magazine
- UKOLN publishes a magazine in electronic format for use over the World Wide Web.
- Mar 3, 1997 Originally Ariadne was a vegetation goddess in Crete related to the other Cretan goddesses especially to Britomartis.
Related searchesdream dictionary ruby
dream interpretation fingernail
trinity blood characters
secret of evermore soundtrack