Twin sister of Apollo, Goddess of wild animals, the wilderness in general, the hunt, and a protectress of womankind in all its aspects. A
bucolic Divinity, she is not much seen among the dwellers of Olympus, but she was one of the most popular Divinities among humans. Ruler of the
Nymphs (who are notorious for their sexual dalliance), she remains a symbol of chastity and indifference to men; She is a patroness of childbirth, in
the role of nurse and midwife. Her temper is legendary (reflecting the Hellenic view of the hostility of Nature towards the Human world), but her
images invariable display her in a calm and benificent mood.
Suggested News Resources
- Artemis Racing Officially Opens Bermuda Base
- Artemis Racing officially declared their new America's Cup base in Bermuda open and fully operational on Friday. Hundreds of guests attended the opening ceremony held indoors, including Torbjörn Törnqvist, Artemis Racing team principal, Premier Michael ...
- Sky Watch: Orion and Artemis and forbidden love
- Night after night, the winged horses pulled the moon and Artemis from east to west across the sky. When clouds weren't blocking her view, Artemis gazed down on Orion as he roamed around his deserted island, and she fell in love with him.
- Artemis ready and open for business
- Nearly 500 guests attended the glamorous opening ceremony held indoors, among them Michael Dunkley, the Premier, the Governor George Ferguson and Sir Russell Coutts, chief executive of Oracle Team USA, the America's Cup defender. The new facility ...
Related searchesage of mythology campaign heroes
norman vincent peale
instrument landing system components
hawaiian pidgin history