An obscure Deity, perhaps a son of Zeus, Associated with Demeter in some ways (one tradition holds Him to be Her son), His chief
function was an involvement in the Eleusinian Mysteries, where His name was invoked at the beginning of the rites, and his image is invariably shown
bearing a torch and leading worshippers into the Sanctum.
Suggested News Resources
- ADSA: our dietitians don't dish up advice to please Big Food
- There is nothing new about links between dietitians' associations and Big Food globally – or protestations from both sides that there are no conflicts of interest whatsoever. Independent research scientists and consumer activists worldwide beg to differ.
- BWW Review: THE FROGS Leaps Into a Classic Battle to Prove Who is Best in His Art
- Encountering Hercules (Sean Dwyer), revelers of the cult of Iacchus, a taunting refrain of frogs, and of course the dead, the two arrive in Hades only to find that an argument is being waged between Aeschylus (John Ogden, who also plays the wise boat ...
- 30 Musical, Literary and Cultural Reasons to Celebrate 30 More Years of Phish
- Even spookier, Dionysius as Iacchus of the important Eleusinian Mysteries brings to mind Icculus, the benevolent god that can help save Phish's mythical Gamehendge, a land central to the group's mythos.
- Mom fined for lack of grains in kids' lunch; kids given Ritz crackers as
- Iacchus Dionysus. "According to Manitoba Early Learning and Child Care when at a daycare a child's lunch must have a milk product, a meat, a grain and two servings of fruit or vegetables.
- Negator - "Atonement In Blood" OFFICIAL Lyric Video
- Trietenicus, Liber, Bacchus, Iacchus Blessed be thou, twice-born god - Offspring of the winter solstice - Thracian god of ecstasy and terror, atonement, guilt and death. IÔ Ischuros - IÔ Athantos - IÔ Abrotos - IaÔ SabaÔ.