Kastor & Polydeukes
A pair of twins, one (Polydeukes) immortal, the other mortal. Polydeukes is a Patron of Horses, and despite Kastor's
mortality, the two are inseperable. They were seen as rescuers of those in dire need, especially at sea, and the electrical phenomenon known as St.
Elmo's fire was considered a sign of their presence.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Kypria - CLAS Users
- Story of the Dioskouroi (Kastor and Pollux, brothers of Helen). Greeks raise an army to attack Troy. Odysseus feigns madness to avoid the army but is exposed ...
- Antiquity and Function of CASTOR and POLLUX - Plant Physiology
- Among the common symbiosis genes are CASTOR and POLLUX, the twin ... Here, we show that the orthologs of CASTOR and POLLUX are ubiquitously present ...
- eigennamen - Klassieke Olympiaden
- Kastor en Polydeukes. Over de afkomst van Helena waren verschillende verhalen in omloop. Volgens sommigen verleidde Zeus, in de gedaante van een ...
- NARRATIVE FORM AND THE STRUCTURE OF MYTH
- and as the Dioskouroi, Kastor and Polydeukes, in Greece. The story is only com- plete when the young king wins the princess and gains her father's kingdom.
Suggested News Resources
- This Week's Sky at a Glance, March 4 – 12
- All week, Jupiter is already up in the east as twilight fades, getting a little higher every day. As deeper darkness descends, you'll find Leo striding above it. (The blue 10° scale is about the width of your fist at arm's length.
- This week watch for the crescent moon and Gemini
- Pollux is the 17th brightest star in the sky, and Castor is the 23rd brightest star in the sky.
- Where have all the bright stars gone?
- We have been accustomed to looking at all the bright stars of Orion, Taurus, and Gemini but looking to the southeast now all we have left is Castor and Pollux of Gemini.
- Jimmy Westlake: Stalking the unicorn
- #The Gemini Twins have Castor and Pollux. Auriga the Charioteer holds the golden star Capella in his arms. Ruddy Aldebaran marks the glaring eye of Taurus the Bull, and icy-blue Regulus marks the heart of Leo the Lion.
Suggested Web Resources
- Castor and Pollux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In Greek and Roman mythology, Castor and Pollux or Polydeuces were twin brothers, together known as the Dioskouri. Their mother was Leda, but Castor was ...
- DIOSCURI : Greek Gods of Horsemanship, Protectors of Sailors
- [1.1] ZEUS & LEDA (both Kastor & Polydeukes) (Hesiod Catalogues of Women Frag 66, Homeric Hymn 32, Alcaeus Frag 34, Terpander Frag 5, Hyginus ...
- Castor and Polydeuces
- In Greek mythology, the Dioscuri (Διόσκουροι)Castor (or Kastor) ( Κάστωρ ) and Polydeuces ( Πολυδεύκης )(sometimes called Pollux) were the twin sons of Leda ...
- Kastor & Pollux
- About Kastor & Pollux. Kastor & Pollux is a full-service creative collective based in Toronto, Canada that combines the capabilities of a design and ...
- Kastor & Pollux (@kastorandpollux) • Instagram photos and videos
- Kastor & Pollux. Full-service digital and experiences agency. contact@ kastorandpollux.
Related searchesfrank j sprague us navy inventor
stuttering electronic fluency aids
love actually plot
mercury element history
aphrodite marriage with hephaestus