(choir) One of the nine Muses. Her realm was that of Tragedy. The Muses are daughters of Zeus by Mnemosyne, and between them
inspire creative workings. See also Erato, Euterpe, Kalliope, Klio, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, Thalia, and Urania.
Suggested News Resources
- 'Xanadu' casting announced by American Theater Company
- The cast also includes Missy Aguilar as Calliope, Kasey Alfonso as Erato, Karla L. Beard as Melpomene, Aaron Holland as Danny Maguire and Zeus, Hannah Rose Nardone as Euterpe, James Nedrud as Terpsichore and Daniel Spagnuolo as Thalia, with ...
- Technology sector is catching up with traditional MBA hirers
- Despite the high percentage of university drop-outs amongst successful technology companies, data from business schools shows that these very companies now increasingly hire MBAs. Image. Picture: ake1150 / fotolia.
- How we pronounce Melpomene in New Orleans: Street Wise
- The Listening Post team — Jesse Hardman, Kate Richardson and Laine Kaplan-Levenson — planted their microphone on Melpomene Street and asked passersby how they pronounce the thoroughfare's name. They got some surprising responses. They also ...
- Here's what you need to know about Rock 'N' Roll marathon traffic restrictions
- The runners will make a U-turn at West Road and continue with traffic on St. Charles Avenue toward downtown to Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard/Melpomene Street.
- No. 44 Audubon Blvd. Uptown
- Major “spokes” perpendicular to the river include Melpomene/Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, Jackson, Washington, Louisiana, Napoleon, Jefferson, Nashville avenues, Broadway, Carrollton Avenue, and Leonidas streets. Many of these were formerly the ...