(wisdom) One of the Titans, child of Uranus and Gaea (Heaven and Earth). Among them, she was considered the most wise, and is said to
have provided the young Zeus with good advice when he began the battle against his father. By Zeus, she is the mother of Athene, who may fairly be
considered her successor: Zeus was given a prophecy that any male child of Metis would supplant him, as he had supplanted his sire, and he his. Zeus
therefore repeated after a fashion his forefather, and swallowed Metis whole, whereupon Athene sprang forth from his forehead.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Metis [MEE tis]: 'Metis' is the Greek word for wisdom. Metis was a titaness * METIS is copyrighted by the regents of the University of Minnesota.
- The Indians and the Metis : genealogical sources on Minnesota's
- nnhp TnHijITIS. Genealogical Sources . on Minnesota's and the Metis EarliestSettlers.
- Metis Matters
- Jun 6, 2011 METIS GROUP LLC CLIENT NEWSLETTER. VOLUME 3, ISSUE Metis Matters is published on the first Monday every month.
- Metis Graveyard
- A History of the Pembina, N.D., Metis Cemetery (April 1, 1999).
Suggested News Resources
- At the galleries
- Batoche National Historic Site Gallery: Resilience/Resistance: Metis Art, 1880-2011.
- Is Ontario harassing Métis?
- By Bob Hepburn Editorial Page Bernie LePage is a big, quiet-spoken Métis commercial fisherman who normally keeps his emotions well under control.
- Still rooted between two rivers
- By Jane Roy Brown GRAND-MÉTIS, Quebec - My maternal grandmother's siblings, all 12 of them, were terrific cooks. They grew up in the valley of the St. John River, below the notch in Maine's northern tip.
- MetisFest getting under way at Peace Garden
- DUNSEITH, ND (AP) - A weekend celebration of the Metis (may-TEE') culture was getting under way Friday at the International Peace Garden on the US-Canada border north of Dunseith. The Metis people were of Cree and French lineage.
- Metis Trail expansion at mercy of city hall thorn Oscar Fech
- When the city opens the Metis Trail extension this fall, northeast commuters will coast along a road that suddenly squeezes from four lanes to two lanes, then to four again, all within a couple of kilometres.
Suggested Web Resources
- Métis people (Canada) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Métis are one of the Aboriginal peoples in Canada who trace their descent to mixed European and First Nations parentage.
- Graph, mesh, and hypergraph partitioning software.
- METIS : Greek Titan goddess of wise counsel ; mythology
- METIS was one of the Okeanides and the Titan goddess of good counsel, advise, planning, cunning, craftiness and wisdom.
Related searchesfar cry weapons
dc universe planets
irc takeover methods
cancer constellation stars