(wisdom) One of the Titans, child of Uranus and Gaea (Heaven and Earth). Among them, she was considered the most wise, and is said to
have provided the young Zeus with good advice when he began the battle against his father. By Zeus, she is the mother of Athene, who may fairly be
considered her successor: Zeus was given a prophecy that any male child of Metis would supplant him, as he had supplanted his sire, and he his. Zeus
therefore repeated after a fashion his forefather, and swallowed Metis whole, whereupon Athene sprang forth from his forehead.
Suggested News Resources
- World's largest Metis beaded artwork now at CMHR
- Jennine Krauchi _5 Jennine Krauchi created a seven-metre tall "octopus bag" (also known as a fire bag) covered in a traditional Metis floral beadwork pattern, using thousands of antique fur-trade era beads from the mid-1800s.
- Gary Lipinski to retire as leader of Métis Nation of Ontario
- The president of the Métis Nation of Ontario is retiring from politics. Gary Lipinski, who hails from Fort Frances, has been involved with the organization since it was founded more than two decades ago.
- Winnipeg artist puts Métis beadwork on display at the Canadian Museum for
- Most people attribute ornate beadwork to First Nation people, but Métis people also have a rich and unique history of making beautiful art with beads.
- Prager Metis Merges in Mayer CPAs
- As part of the deal, the four partners of Mayer CPAs—Robert Mayer, Stuart Mayer, Mark Ackerman and Mary Mooney—are joining Prager Metis as partners. Robert Mayer, managing partner of Mayer CPAs, will become partner in charge of Prager Metis's Long ...
- BC foster parents win injunction to keep Métis toddler, for now
- A B.C. Court of Appeal judge has granted an injunction to the foster parents of a Métis toddler, preventing the child's removal by the provincial government until a full appeal is heard.
Related searchesvestibular system mechanics
word square examples
young america movement
kamboja horsemen jaina texts
kalawao county hawaii
dream dictionary spider-web
boston university club sports
gatling gun history of the gun