Daughter of Demeter, beloved of Hades. He kidnapped her and took her to his Under-Earth Realm, where she pined for the sun and
the sky. Her mother searched over all the land for her and, not finding her, withdrew Her Attribute from the land, causing barreness and destruction.
Zeus intervened and it was dicovered where Persephone had been taken. She could not be released, however, because she had tasted some
nourishment, a single pomagranate seed. Nevertheless an arrangement was worked out whereby She might visit Upper-Earth for half a year. Her
movements henceforth herald the coming of Summer and Winter.
Suggested News Resources
- Witness the Return of Persephone in New Wic+Div Teaser
- Today, in a CBR exclusive, Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie, Matt Wilson, and Clayton Cowles teased the return of their pop tragedy comic, The Wicked + The Divine.
- Exclusive lyric video premiere - Alejandra Ribera's 'Goodnight Persephone'
- Female First can today exclusively reveal the lyric video for Alejandra Ribera's forthcoming single 'Goodnight Persephone', which she'll be performing tomorrow (March 8) at Servants Jazz Quarter, London. Ribera has been crowned Best New Artist at both ...
- Finding Persephone -- The Journey Into Hell, Part 4
- After she was engrossed by the experience with the mirror our heroine proceeds to feel more and more part of the way Persephone moves. Where is she really at? What is illusion and what is real?
- Persephone's Deep End cancelled starting next season
- Home to three smaller productions each season, the series was “consistently heavily subsidized by the theatre's other programming,” Persephone said in a release on Tuesday.
- Theatre review: Imagination guides Persephone Productions' pursuit of Moby Dick
- Whereas Théâtre du Nouveau Monde's version of Moby Dick had an abundance of bells and whistles (acrobatics, gallons of water, a whirring boat), Persephone's bare-bones show uses imagination and heart to tell this evergreen story. The cast is clothed in ...
Related searchesmanchester triage
dream dictionary wig
troilus and criseyde