Daughters of Atlas and Pleione, their number varies in the telling of the tale, usually it is five or seven. They are said to have been
transformed into a tightly-knit group of stars upon their collective suicide in despair over the demise of their brother Hyas. The most typical list of their
names is: Aesyle, Ambrosia, Coronis, Dione, Eudora, Polyxo, Phaeo. See also the Pleiades.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Distance to the Hyades Star Cluster
- The nearest open cluster to us, the Hyades has been extremely important to us in our studies At 40-50 parsecs, the Hyades cluster is just beyond this distance.
- The Hyades: distance, structure, dynamics, and age ?
- bers of the Hyades cluster, from which the 3-dimensional struc- ture of the 1. Introduction.
Suggested News Resources
- 'Irene' May Mirror Great Atlantic Hurricane of 1944
- She regained headway briefly, desperate to outrun the onslaught of sea water, as her radiomen tried to contact a nearby ship, the Hyades, to no avail.
- Del Mar: Price part of Zucker's hot streak
- Massone has been stuck at this second allowance level for quite some time, while flirting in stakes races on several occasions. He owns just 2 wins from 26 starts, with 7 seconds and 8 thirds, so he often settles for minor awards.
- Starry sky shows winter solstice is over
- The morning sky now has isiLimela (Pleiades) well up in the north-east, with the small open cluster of the Hyades, with red star Aldebaran prominent slightly higher and further east.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hyades (star cluster) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Hyades is the nearest open cluster to the Solar System and one of the best- studied of all star clusters.
- The Hyades Star Cluster
- Information on the Hyades, a beautiful open cluster in Taurus. Finder map and picture.
Related searchesaloe variegata
robert peel police reform
dream dictionary dye