A large class of Divine and Semi-Divine children of Nereus and Doris; most are closely associated with the Sea: Agave, Aktaea,
Amphitrite, Doris, Doto, Dynamene, Eione, Erato, Euagora, Eudora, Eukrante, Eulime, Eunike, Eupompe, Galatea, Galene, Glauke, Glaukonome,
Halia, Halimede, Hipponoe, Hippothoe, Kymatolege, Kymo, Kymodoce, Kymothoe, Laomedea, Leagora, Lysianassa, Melite, Menippe, Nemertes,
Nesaea, Neso, Panopea, Pasithea, Pherusa, Ploto, Polynoe, Pontoporea, Pronoe, Proto, Protomedea, Psamathe, Sao, Speo, Themisto, Thetis,
Suggested News Resources
- Stories in the sky: Andromeda
- Our story begins with Queen Cassiopeia of Ethiopia being overheard boasting she was even more beautiful than the Nereids, sea nymphs famous for their beauty. They complained to Poseidon who was so angry he sent a sea monster (now recognized as the ...
- Jan. 31, 1 p.m., Krewe of Nereids
- Nereids organized in 1966 when a group of business and professional women gathered at Lynch's drugstore to discuss ways to lure business to the area. They decided the community would benefit from a Mardi Gras parade, and as their name they picked ...
- Perfect Mardi Gras weather for Nereids parade in Waveland
- Perfect Mardi Gras weather for Nereids parade in Waveland. A float rider tosses throws during the Krewe of Nereids Mardi Gras parade in Waveland on Sunday Jan. 31, 2016.
- 2016 Mardi Gras schedule for South MS
- 49th Annual Waveland Krewe of Nereids parade rolls at 1 p.m. The parade route begins at the intersection of Drinkwater Road and Highway 90 in Bay St.
- Still crazy after 40 years, Pascagoula Mardi Gras parade rolls out the fun
- Video: Krewe of Nereids Mardi Gras parade. about 3 weeks ago. Video: Mardi Gras in Biloxi with GCCA.