A large class of Divine and Semi-Divine children of Nereus and Doris; most are closely associated with the Sea: Agave, Aktaea,
Amphitrite, Doris, Doto, Dynamene, Eione, Erato, Euagora, Eudora, Eukrante, Eulime, Eunike, Eupompe, Galatea, Galene, Glauke, Glaukonome,
Halia, Halimede, Hipponoe, Hippothoe, Kymatolege, Kymo, Kymodoce, Kymothoe, Laomedea, Leagora, Lysianassa, Melite, Menippe, Nemertes,
Nesaea, Neso, Panopea, Pasithea, Pherusa, Ploto, Polynoe, Pontoporea, Pronoe, Proto, Protomedea, Psamathe, Sao, Speo, Themisto, Thetis,
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Perseus and Andromeda
- the Nereids, or sea-nymphs, by her great beauty and vanity. The Nereids appealed to their father, Poseidon, god of the sea.
- GREENgGLAZED THREE HELLENISTIC YASES
- with a group of Nereids riding on sea mon- sters and bearing Skopas, of the Nereid procession. On the green cup ous steeds of the Nereids.
Suggested News Resources
- From staff reports
- Mystic Krewe of Nereids Annual Splash Party: 2 pm Sunday. Dunking tank, water gun fights, water games for the kids, tug-of-wars. Dance to Victor Wainwright & The Wild Roots and Boogie Inc.
- Starwatch: Small skylights makes big impression
- When Poseidon decided to get married, he set his sights on Amphitrite, one of the many nereids that occupied his domain. According to legend, nereids were like mermaids that they provided safety and protection for sailors and fisherman.
Suggested Web Resources
- Nereid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In Greek mythology, the Nereids are sea nymphs, the fifty daughters of Nereus and Doris, sisters to Nerites.
- Nereids * The Immortals * Greek Mythology: From the Iliad to the Fall
- The Nereids, the fifty daughters of Nereus and Doris.
- Mar 3, 1997 The Nereids are the fifty daughters of Nereus and Doris who dwell in the Mediterranean Sea.
- British Museum - Room 17: Nereid Monument
- The Nereid Monument takes its name from the Nereids, sea-nymphs whose statues were placed between the columns of this monumental tomb.
Related searchesanton lavey criticism
dream dictionary fame
paul is dead come together