Questions and Answers about Power Animals
Question: So, what does it mean to work with 'power' animals? Are we working with an individual animal, say the 'possum down the street or the wolf at the zoo?
Answer: Well, sorry to say, no.
When you work with a 'power' animal (I've got to find a better way to say that ~ the term "power' animals' makes me think of a bunch of buffed up critters doing sit ups and weight lifting at the local gym), you are either connecting with the A.) symbolic essence or B.) the spiritual power of the entire species. Take your pick of whichever description works best for you.
Question: What are you doing ~ playing Indian? Or are you one of those new age weirdos?
Answer: No. Working with 'power' animals is not 'new age' or limited to the North American Indians. Many people all over the planet use animal symbology in one way or another, including us. It's everywhere ~ even in our speech: 'Busy as a bee'; 'snake in the grass', 'he/she is a workhorse', 'hawk eyed', 'eagle eyed'.
Question: How do you know when animal energy trying to make itself known?
Answer: There are several ways. Sometimes, you just know. Other times, an animal can present itself to you four times (as in four deer, four tracks in the mud, etc.) If an animal appears during a dream, meditation or shamanic journey, it can do an 'act of power' which is something that the animal could not ordinarily do.
Question: Can mythic animals be power animals?
Answer: There is some debate about this. Some think that to be a power animal, it has to have a physical representative in the living world. Others say that the very fact that nearly every culture in the world have stories about 'mythic' animals (dragons and unicorns are good examples), then they must have either 1.)existed in the physical at one point, or 2.) exist now in realms that we can only access while on a journey, dreaming or in deep meditation. I tend to say that whatever ever animal has shown itself to you to be one of your power animals, then who are we to question whether it's valid or not? It's very appearance proves its validity.
Question: Is this for real?
Answer: As a teacher of mine said once, "If you're getting something good out of it, does it matter?"
Suggested News Resources
- What's Behind Your Everyday Aches and Pains
- “When people try to ignore or power through their pain, they teach their brain to get good at being in pain, warns Ya-Ling Liou, a chiropractor and author of Every Body's Guide to Everyday Pain. This is how ...
- Despair turned to hope for Andrea Hayes with pain-control programme
- Ireland's 'Animal A&E' TV show presenter, Andrea Hayes, has lived with chronic back pain for years, but despair gave way to hope after she devised her own pain-control programme. ... When I answer 'yes', more questions follow.
- The Exceptional Underwater City of Cuba: A New Theory on its Origins – Part I
- In his Underworld: The Mysterious Origins of Civilization , Graham Hancock examines the numerous structures that have been discovered underwater around the world. Most of the sites that Hancock discusses lie less than 120 meters (395 feet) below sea ...
- Controversial Texas Education Board Candidate Retaliates Against Breitbart
- Her answers to questions, many of which centered around her deeply rooted religious convictions and represent a belief system many Texans share, make her well suited to run as a candidate for a parochial school board. However ...
Related searchesconsubstantiation history and culture
shinhwa general discography
logans run references in other works
south yorkshire cricket league