Many people wouldn't consider the vulture a power animal - who would want an animal that eats dead things for a living to be theirs? After all, they're nasty and ugly, right?
Vultures have long been considered important power animals. The ancient greeks considered them to be descendants of the mythic griffins while the Egyptians saw vultures as 'mother' symbols - symbolic of the dead enabling the living to sustain itself. The Egyptians went so far as to use the vulture on their royal headgear - combined with the cobra, it symbolized the unity of the Upper and Lower Niles - and the goddess Ma'at is depicted many times with a vulture feather in her hand. In other cultures, such as some Native American tribes, the vulture is representative of purification - literally 'stripping down to the bone'. Vulture feathers were also used after shapeshifting ceremonies, in order to help ground to participants as well as dispelling evil. It was also thought that Vulture would help break contact with the dead.
Alchemists believed the Vulture to be a symbol of the relationship between the fixed aspects of life - the psychic and cosmic energies - and the chaotic aspects of everyday life. It seemed to promise that whatever suffering occurs here on earth is temporary and and necessary.
Although vultures are members of the raptor family, they must rely on others to kill their prey because they have relatively weak feet and short talons. Their role as scavengers keep a balance in nature for without them, carrion - born disease would be rampant. Vultures themselves are virtually immune to the nasties found in carrion but will still bathe frequently. They have bald heads in order to keep bacteria from collecting there and the sun also helps disinfect it as well. Their digestive tracts contain chemicals that kill the bacteria. They also eliminate over their own feet in order to spread those chemicals and kill whatever bacteria that has collected there. This also serves to cool the legs and feet down.
This is helpful to remember when Vulture comes into your life. (No, this doesn't mean that you're suddenly going to have smelly feet.) Your own digestive system may change. Things you used to enjoy without problem may suddenly cause trouble and vise versa. You may have to start paying attention to how you feel - physically; mentally, spiritually and emotionally - after you eat and modify your diet. If you have trouble handling the heat (I hope you're not in charbroiled Tennessee right now! sheesh!), try soaking your feet in cold water.
It is thought that one of the vulture's - especially the turkey vulture - most powerful senses is that of smell. Sometimes it can find food by smell alone. Smell has long been metaphysically associated with higher discrimination. Turkey vulture can show you how to decide whether or not a situation doesn't quite 'smell right'.
I remember spending long hours watching the turkey vultures glide through the air when I was a child. I am firmly convinced that they are one of the few species of bird that fly for the sheer joy of it. When they hunt for food, they fly in tight circles at about twice treetop level so that they can survey the ground for carrion. Otherwise, they can cover the entire sky - flying so high they can hardly been seen and swooping back down, nearly grazing the treetops, all without seemingly moving a feather.
Their ability to soar comes from their ability to see and use thermals rising from the earth's surface. Some people compare this to the ability to see auras - Vulture totems help one sense and use the subtle energy that surrounds everything powerfully and efficiently.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Stop the Vulture Culture:
- Vulture funds are set up to protect the larger hedge fund they are often connected to.
- Geology of Vulture Gold Mine - Arizona Geological Survey
- Simplified geologic map and cross section of the Vulture Mountains (from Grubensky and others, 1987; Grubensky and Reynolds, 1988; and MJ.
- tics. The vulture's head is bald for a reason. They are constantly
- Photo by: John Slivoski tics. The vulture's head is bald for a reason. They are constantly sticking their heads ir1to the gut cavity of a rotting carcass.
- Understanding Vulture Funds - Key Terms to Know
- vulture funds have had some success in using attachment actions against Vulture funds tend to bring their lawsuits to courts in one or more of these countries.
Suggested News Resources
- Aviary promotes vulture awareness
- By Edgar Ramirez, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Despite the vital role vultures play in the ecosystem, one of nature's "garbage collectors" is getting dangerously close to extinction.
- Report: Paris Hilton's reality TV show cancelled
- "The World According to Paris" will not be returning for a second season, New York Magazine's blog Vulture reports.
- International Vulture Awareness Day
- Next Saturday, the world observes International Vulture Awareness Day. Because they are the antithesis of cute and cuddly, vultures may seem an odd choice for their very own day. The reason is purely ecological.
- Some Of Your Taxpayer Assets Will Be Sold Off To 'Vulture Funds,' In Case You
- The federal government will be bulk-selling the massive portfolio of foreclosed homes now owned by HUD, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to private investors -- vulture funds.
- Let's Talk About Birds: Misunderstood vulture plays big role in nature
- There is perhaps no other category of bird that is more misunderstood than the vulture, a species whose slow spiraling flight has become synonymous with death.
Suggested Web Resources
- Vulture - Entertainment News - TV Recaps, Movies, Music, Art
- Continuous entertainment news covering tv, movies, film, music, art, celebrities, and the entertainment industry.
- Vulture (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Vulture is the name of six comic book supervillains in the Marvel Comics universe.
- The Vulture (1967) - IMDb
- Directed by Lawrence Huntington. With Robert Hutton, Akim Tamiroff, Broderick Crawford, Diane Clare.
Related searchesmeaning of dreams about bleeding
george galloway autobiography
transformation fetish transgender
surigao del sur physical