Poppet Magick and an Example for Healing
There are various forms and types of this magick, and listed below is a basic guide and some tips on how to enhance your poppet spell. Poppet magick is extremely powerful and should be used with care.
Most people associate poppet magick with Voodoo and perceive it as harmful. In most cases the poppets used in Wicca are used for positive effects such as healings, love, happiness and they can also be used for bindings (only if necessary).
For an effective spell, you will need a poppet (made of natural material and it can be coloured to enhance the spell), a photo - or if possible, something of the person’s (ie: a lock of hair, fingernail etc) and any herbs, and gemstones needed as well. Sometimes ribbons are incorporated into the working too.
When you are done casting, the poppet should NOT be destroyed. Instead give it to the person you are healing or if it was for yourself, keep it. If a binding was performed, then bury it off your property.
Below is a sample spell using a poppet (from the Australian ‘Witchcraft’ magazine)
Firstly you will need to form a bond between the person and the doll.
Use this simple naming ritual:
‘Little one, I made you and now I give you life
I name you (persons name)
Her body is your body
Her breath is your breath
Her passion is your passion
Her blood is your blood
Though separate you were
Now you are one.’
You need: A yellow candle, Herbs of marigold/calendula, lavender and rosemary, Clear quartz gemstone, Photo/person’s part etc.
Perform on a Sunday. Stuff the doll with the herbs and add the gem about where the heart would be in the doll. Sew up the doll and do the naming ritual (above). Light the candle, and see the person healthy and happy in your mind.
Say six times:
‘Lavender, marigold and rosemary
The body, soul and mind are free
Stone of quartz, take the pain away
Whole and healed and free today
With harm to none
My will is done’
Bury the doll in the ground before sunset the same day.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Practical Guide to Witchcraft and Magic Spells - Tikaboo
- For example, every fully grown birch tree - defined in magick as a tree of new .... healing powers and could restore the dead to life, in either their former existence or a new life form. .....
- The Basics of Magick - www hermetics org
- M. Sympathetic magic (poppets and such) .... examples of this, in which we think something just as another ...
- guide to performing ritual magic - Encyclopedia Satanica
- example, a magician attempting to cast a love charm would burn herbs and reagents .... Doll magic, also known as 'sympathetic magic,' uses dolls, mannequins, 'poppets' and ..... the domains of dreamwork, divination and healing spells.
- Cultivate Your Magical Knowledge - Webs
- Definition: Magic is the practice of causing change through the use of powers ..... Poppets are most often made to speed healing, and are also fashioned to.
- Mabon 2009 - Controverscial.com
- Poppet Magick. Nature's .... One example of the thousands of scientific studies fell very close to home.
Suggested Web Resources
- Poppet Magick - Earth Witchery
- There's a lot of room for creativity in poppet magick, as you'll soon see. If you don' t have sewing ... are endless.
- Poppet Magick - Controverscial.com
- For example, in more recent times poppets have been negatively aligned with the .... heal, harm or bind, various actions are performed on the poppet to cause a ...
- Poppets 101 - Introduction to Poppet Magic - Paganism and Wicca
- Although most people think of a "Voodoo doll" when they think of poppets, there are ... They can be used to harm or to heal, so if you create a poppet of a person, anything ... Be sure to check out Sample Poppets for ideas on how to use one.
- poppet magic on Pinterest | Voodoo Dolls, Worry Dolls and
- Explore Sherri Iava's board "poppet magic" on Pinterest, a visual bookmarking tool that ... Folk Magic Healing Poppet - Healing spells magic pagan witch wicca.
Related searchesstern-gerlach experiment
yonkers new york neighborhoods
cyanide mechanism of toxicity
football in argentina culture
martial arts classification
romaniotes famous jews in greece