Poppet Magick and an Example for Healing
There are various forms and types of this magick, and listed below is a basic guide and some tips on how to enhance your poppet spell. Poppet magick is extremely powerful and should be used with care.
Most people associate poppet magick with Voodoo and perceive it as harmful. In most cases the poppets used in Wicca are used for positive effects such as healings, love, happiness and they can also be used for bindings (only if necessary).
For an effective spell, you will need a poppet (made of natural material and it can be coloured to enhance the spell), a photo - or if possible, something of the person’s (ie: a lock of hair, fingernail etc) and any herbs, and gemstones needed as well. Sometimes ribbons are incorporated into the working too.
When you are done casting, the poppet should NOT be destroyed. Instead give it to the person you are healing or if it was for yourself, keep it. If a binding was performed, then bury it off your property.
Below is a sample spell using a poppet (from the Australian ‘Witchcraft’ magazine)
Firstly you will need to form a bond between the person and the doll.
Use this simple naming ritual:
‘Little one, I made you and now I give you life
I name you (persons name)
Her body is your body
Her breath is your breath
Her passion is your passion
Her blood is your blood
Though separate you were
Now you are one.’
You need: A yellow candle, Herbs of marigold/calendula, lavender and rosemary, Clear quartz gemstone, Photo/person’s part etc.
Perform on a Sunday. Stuff the doll with the herbs and add the gem about where the heart would be in the doll. Sew up the doll and do the naming ritual (above). Light the candle, and see the person healthy and happy in your mind.
Say six times:
‘Lavender, marigold and rosemary
The body, soul and mind are free
Stone of quartz, take the pain away
Whole and healed and free today
With harm to none
My will is done’
Bury the doll in the ground before sunset the same day.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE WITCH'S DOLL OR, POPPET
- Poppets are especially useful for spells that attract (or keep) a lover, heal, or banish.
- THE BASICS OF MAGICK
- M. Sympathetic magic (poppets and such) .
- A Practical Guide to Witchcraft and Magic Spells By Cassandra Eason
- For example, every fully grown birch tree - defined in magick as a tree of new . healing powers and could restore the dead to life, in either their former existence or a new life form. ..
- The Charles Walker Collection of Mystery, Myth and Magic
- MAGIC). CORN CIRCLES. CORN DOLLIES.
- Fetus Magic and Sorcery Fears in Roman Egypt
- somewhere, or leaving a bound poppet on his threshold, but by throwing a fetus hand example of an appeal to Roman administrators to resolve crises that have ..
Suggested News Resources
- New Voodoo Review: The Voodoo Doll Spellbook by Denise Alvarado
- Honestly, I probably shouldn't write this, but when my editor at Patheos asked me if I would like to review The Voodoo Doll Spellbook, I wasn't sure what to say.
Suggested Web Resources
- Poppet Magick - A Perspective. If poppet magick was to be And while poppet magick, for the most part, is for healing.
- In sympathetic magic, a poppet is a doll that is used to represent a person. Poppets are often created for healing or protection.
- Make Your Own Poppet Or Voodoo Doll | Magic Spells, Magic
- Mar 13, 2007 Magic Symbol Quick Reading - Click on the magic symbol! .
- Poppet Magick
- There's a lot of room for creativity in poppet magick, as you'll soon see. For some creative examples of poppets, go here.
yoga and mysticism
nikita khrushchev rise to power
pittsburgh penguins current squad
security printing security threads
gaur ontogeny and reproduction