Koshchei the Deathless
A mythological figure, the ruler of a land variously described as "Thrice-Ten Kingdom, or the "Kingdom Beyond Blue Kingdoms". He is nearly immortal, having (as is so often the case) but one mortal weakness: a pin in his possession (and very closely guarded) will be his doom should its point ever be broken off. His role in the tales is as the captor of beautiful princesses, who must needs be recovered by their suitors. His doom is encompassed by Prince Ivan, who seeks the rescue of his lady.
Suggested News Resources
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's Myths Explained
- In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara Croft is searching for the secret of immortality, spurred ahead by two Slavic fairytales: Koschei the Deathless and the Lost City of Kitezh.
- Making longevity sexy
- Koschei the Deathless is a fairytale about a preternaturally old and ugly man with an eye for other people's wives.
- Past Life Memories of Children and Past Life Regression: A Case for Reincarnation?
- There are times when a person feels like they have been somewhere before or just “knows” things or people without having met them before. Often we write this off as the strange experience of déjà-vu or a coincidence.
- City of the Dead: The Mysterious Village of Dargavs, Russia
- Often referred to as the City of the Dead , the village of Dargavs is considered to be one of the more mysterious sites in Russia.
- A Fairy Tale from the president
- Just take a look at the draft proposed by the president and the speaker – it reminds us of the tale of Koschei the Deathless.
ford windsor engine 302
andy kaufman the fridays incident
colchester paxman diesels
fifth doctor overview
request for comments history