(from "Koster" = 'bonfire') A fertility Goddess, personification of spring, who dies at the end of spring, only to arise once more at the end of winter. She was represented as girl dressed in white with oak branch in the hand. Her thatched scarecrow is burnt in a bonfire on the holiday of "Parting of Spring".
Suggested News Resources
- Ingushetia and Kostroma region agree on cooperation
- Ingushetia and the Kostroma region have signed an agreement on cooperation in the trade, economic, scientific, technical, social and cultural spheres.
- BRIEF-MD Medical opens new clinic in Kostroma
- Says opens new clinic in Kostroma. * Says investments in project initially amounted to about 6 million roubles ($90,809.34), with a possible increase to 15 million roubles in the future Source text: bit.
- Russia's chief internet censor enlists China's know-how
- For an authoritarian government looking to tighten control of an unruly internet, who better to call than the architect of China's “great firewall”?
- London GRAD gallery organizes a cultural tour to Russia
- The group will be based in Yaroslavl, the Golden Ring's largest city, during the trip. Each day they will visit a new town, taking in the monasteries, icons and other jewels of ancient Russia.
- St. Avraam Gorodetsky Monastery: Picturesque site with ties to Lermontov
- On the way to Soligalich in the northern part of Kostroma Region lies one of Russia's most picturesque monasteries, located on a steep bluff overlooking the deep blue Lake Chukhloma.
Suggested Web Resources
- Kostroma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Kostroma (Russian: Кострома; IPA: [kəstrɐˈma]) is a historic city and the administrative center of Kostroma Oblast, Russia. A part of the Golden Ring of Russian ...
- Kostroma Oblast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Kostroma Oblast (Russian: Костромска́я о́бласть, Kostromskaya oblast) is a federal subject of Russia (an oblast). Its administrative center is the city of Kostroma ...
- Kostroma city, Russia travel guide - RussiaTrek.org
- Kostroma overview. Kostroma is a city in Russia, the capital of the Kostroma region standing on both banks of the Volga River. The city is located about 346 km ...
- Kostroma Tourism: Best of Kostroma, Russia - TripAdvisor
- Kostroma Tourism: TripAdvisor has 6592 reviews of Kostroma Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Kostroma resource.
- The Top 10 Things to Do in Kostroma - TripAdvisor - Kostroma
- Things to Do in Kostroma, Russia: See TripAdvisor's 2191 traveler reviews and photos of Kostroma tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in ...
Related searchesseptuagint books of the septuagint
train whistle other whistle code
kinds of religion
economy of pakistan industry