Probably not divine as such, there are nevertheless some echoes of a connection with Marena. She is a warrior-princess who figures in one version of the Koshchei cycle. She weds Prince Ivan, and warns him from examining a particular room in her kremlin. In it, she holds captive Koshchei, who is released upon Ivan's ill-considered ministrations. After much hardship and adventure, she is released from captivity and Koshchei slain by a repentant Ivan, in a fairly thinly glossed initiatory sequence.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ALICE ALYSE
- Featured. Ziggurat Theatre Company. Maria Morevna.
- Russian 299 Fairytale: Russia & the World
- “Maria Morevna” (Afanasiev 553). “The Maiden Tsar” (Afanasiev 229). Warner, “ Dragons and Baby-Yaga” (67-77) tues.
- Palekh Exhibit
- L-65,KP-2381, IOKhM. “Maria Morevna”. 8.
- 1 University of Pittsburgh College of General Studies Department of
- 553-62, “Maria Morevna,” pp. 463-75, “Two Ivans, Soldier's Sons,” pp. 40-44, “ Salt” (reread) pp.
- COMPARATIVE LITERATURE 240 -- The Fairy Tale (fall 2011
- Maria Morevna (A 553); The Maiden Tsar (A 229) e. Koshchey the Deathless (A 485). (also read Bettelheim, The Uses of Enchantment).
Suggested News Resources
- Jean-Luc Delarue : c'était un enfant de la télé
- Il offrait des moyens pour tout, se souvient Maria Roche, qui dirigeait Jour après jour.
Suggested Web Resources
- Russian fairy tales - Maria Morevna
- French version. Maria Morevna. O nce upon a time there was a certain prince, named Ivan, who had three sisters: Maria, Olga, and Anna.
- Maria Morevna - Russian folk tale
- Maria Morevna. Russian folk tale.
- Maria Morevna - Ziggurat Theatre Ensemble
- Maria Morevna An Adventure of Pagan Russia. May 8 - June 15, 2003. Gascon Center Theatre 8737 Washington Blvd.
- A Slavic Pantheon
- Maria Morevna Probably not divine as such, there are nevertheless some echoes of a connection with Marena.