West Slavonic. God of war. He was represented as man with four heads (facing the cardinal directions) and with sword, spears, and standards in hand. His sacred bird was the eagle, his colour was red. The center of his cult was a four-pillared temple in Arcona (on Rugen island, in northeastern Germany) where an oracle was located. See also, Rugievit.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- TAARAPITA – THE GREAT GOD OF THE OESELIANS1
- Svantavit, Szuentevit, etc. as *Sveto & *vitъ and notes that schol- ars have found the *vitъ constituent quite troublesome, and that it is usually defined as 'lord', ...
- Slavic Mitra. Benevolent and Legal Pole of the Function of Religious ...
- of deity m *Svęto- & *vitъ (Zwantewit, Svantavit, Szuetevit) (Топоров, 1989, 38). Per- sonal names of this sort merged with *-pъlkъ , *-mirъ, and also with -slav, ...
- 1. PDF dokument (1032 kB) - dLib.si
- 1 Prim. o Sventovitu (Zuantewith, Svantavit, Szuentevit, Zuantevlth, Suantouitus in dr.) Saxo Grammaticus,.
- Hrvatski, Str. 45
- In hoc equo opinione Rugie Svantavit- us (id simulacro vocabulurn erat) adversum sacrorum suorum hostes bella gerere credebatur. Cuius rei per-.
michael jordan personal life
jade programming language portability
satyajit ray trivia
music video unofficial music videos
carousel musical plot synopsis