(Slavonic Vlkoslak, Wampyr) Any of a class of spirits associated with tainted souls who cannot rest in their graves. The idea of vampirism has taken hold of popular imagination in recent decades; the Slavic original is quite recognizable, even through the filter of pop culture. The idea is that certain individuals have unclean souls, and after death they cannot pass on, but rise to stalk the night in search of blood and warmth. The solution to this problem is the ritual of "Double-Burial", involving the use of wooden stakes, or cremation in extreme cases.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- “Immortal” Forms: The Vampires of Legal Writing
- movie version of Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire.
- PANDORA - New Tales of the Vampires By Anne Rice DEDICATED
- would never write out for you the story of my mortal life, how I became a vampire - how I came upon Marius only years after he had lost his human life.
- The Vampires Lurking In Your Home
- An energy vampire, also called a phantom or parasitic load, is any device that consumes electricity when turned “off.
- Vampire Population Ecology
- Ooh, Brian, can you help us work out the vampire carrying capacity of a typical population?
Suggested News Resources
- This Weekend At The Movies
- In the remake of “Fright Night,” Colin Farrell plays one of the meaner, nastier vampires of recent cinematic memory. His performance is so delightfully creepy that he nearly saves the picture from mainstream horror mediocrity.
- Stars reflect on time spent in the Twilight zone
- It's the final nail in the coffin for the vampires of Twilight. They just need two movies to pound it in.
- The bloodsucker next door
- By Richard Carter It's not hard to like the handsome "next door" vampires of TV shows such as "The Vampire Diaries" and "True Blood." But in "Fright Night," the vampire-next-door character is a monster with awful teeth and no conscience.
- Skyrim DLC Xbox Exclusive Drama, Vampires Confirmed
- If you were wondering whether or not vampires could survive in the northern, colder regions of the land, including all the way up in Skyrim, the answer would be yes.
- Review: Psychostick – Space Vampires vs. Zombie Dinosaurs in 3D
- Space Vampires vs. Zombie Dinosaurs in 3D is the third release from Phoenix, Arizona quartet Psychostick. Packed from beginning to end with carefully crafted lyrics, it runs the gamut of the “humor-core” genre.
Suggested Web Resources
- Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant (2009) - IMDb
- Directed by Paul Weitz. With Chris Massoglia, John C. Reilly, Salma Hayek, Josh Hutcherson.
- Vampires! The Dark Alleyway
- [Browser Based] Players move around on a grid of tiles, drinking blood from other vampires and humans to progress. Rules and news.
- Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant on DVD & Blu-ray
- Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant is available now on DVD & Blu-ray. Click to watch the trailer, bonus features and more!
Related searchesraf greenham common nuclear accident
cost push inflation
oscar wilde aestheticism
theory of everything toe and religion
meaning of dreams about disasters
battle of culloden order of battle
napster current status