(Slavonic Vlkoslak, Wampyr) Any of a class of spirits associated with tainted souls who cannot rest in their graves. The idea of vampirism has taken hold of popular imagination in recent decades; the Slavic original is quite recognizable, even through the filter of pop culture. The idea is that certain individuals have unclean souls, and after death they cannot pass on, but rise to stalk the night in search of blood and warmth. The solution to this problem is the ritual of "Double-Burial", involving the use of wooden stakes, or cremation in extreme cases.
Suggested News Resources
- The Vampire Diaries Round Table: Welcome To The Future!
- All vampires have ever done, even those who've become his friends, is cost him everything. He's literally the last human standing, so while the vampires could all easily overpower him, I have to commend him for taking a stand. Amanda: It's about time!
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 7: Fans Want Caroline, Klaus To End Up Together?
- Throughout the past couple of years, Caroline has been living in Mystic Falls with her friends and family.
- Overtime with Matt Jones / Transy needs to become the Vampires
- Most nights on this segment we talk about Kentucky and the Wildcats. But not tonight. We're going to talk about my alma mater, Transylvania.
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 7: Cancellation looms due to Ian Somerhalder's
- Rumors have surfaced that "The Vampire Diaries" Season 7 will be axed due to Ian Somerhalder's exit while EP Julie Plec talks about the possibility that Nina Dobrev will appear in the final episode of this season.
- 'The Vampire Diaries' 'Originals' crossover: Will the Mikaelsons battle the
- Getting excited about this crossover got us thinking: What would happen if the Mikaelsons and friends on “The Originals” had to do battle with “The Vampire Diaries” newest villainess, the Huntress?
Related searchesstate farm insurance trivia
jackie gleason hey there ralphie boy
fabio casartelli death
manic miner the z88 port
vikram sarabhai career
vein geology crack-seal veins