Vasilisa the Wise
Not divine as such, she is the princess figure in one version of the Koshchei cycle. Her tale relates that she was transformed by her father into the semblance of a frog. She encounters Prince Ivan as he searches for his destiny, and induces him to marry her, whereupon she aids him in several clever ways. At length, though, he burns (out of ignorance) her frog-skin (while she is in human form). This compels her to flee, and she is captured by Koshchei. Ivan rescues her in a series of actions brought about by various animal familiars of his.
Suggested News Resources
- 'Vasilisa the Beautiful' Retold by Anthea Bell, and More
- While the royal couple entertain would-be suitors, Lucia escapes the palace and asks Salvatore, the wise man's son, to show her the city.
- Grandfather Frost and Baba Yaga: the weird and wonderful world of Russian
- Anthea Bell's reimagining of the traditional Russian fairy tale Vasilisa the Beautiful is a real Christmas treat thanks to Anna Morgunova's exquisite illustrations.
- Pro Wrestling League attracts Rs 11 cr in player bids
- This is the first domestic city-wise league in the realm of wrestling in India. Until now, the audiences have been served wrestling in the form of an Olympic sport or in the form of platforms like WWE and TNA Wrestling.
Related searchesur history
ashoka conversion to buddhism
murray cod reproduction
anthrax treatment and prevention
m60 machine gun m60e2
foxwoods resort casino history
sault ste marie ontario demographics