What is Reiki?
knowledge that an unseen energy flows through all living things
and is connected directly to the quality of health has been part
of the wisdom of many cultures since ancient times. The existence
of this "life force energy" has been verified by recent scientific
experiments, and medical doctors are considering the role it plays
in the functioning of the immune system and the healing process.
is a technique for stress reduction and relaxation that allows everyone
to tap into an unlimited supply of "life force energy" to improve
health and enhance the quality of life.
amazingly simple technique to learn, the ability to use Reiki is
not taught in the usual sense, but is transferred to the student
by the Reiki Master. Its use is not dependent on ones intellectual
capacity or spiritual development and, therefore, is available to
everyone. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people
of all ages and backgrounds.
treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through
you and surrounds you. Reiki treats the whole person including body,
emotions, mind and spirit and creates many beneficial effects including
relaxation and feelings of peace, security, and well-being. Many
have reported miraculous results. Reiki is a simple, natural, and
safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone
- Spiritual Wisdom
Hawayo Takata, who introduced Reiki to the West, said the word
Rei means universal and this is the definition most have accepted.
However, Mrs. Takata also indicated that this interpretation is
a very general one. The kanji ideograms have many levels of meaning.
They vary from the mundane to the highly esoteric. So while it is
true that Rei can be interpreted as universal, meaning that it is
present everywhere, this level of interpretation really doesn't
add to our understanding of Reiki.
into the esoteric meaning of the Japanese kanji character for Rei
has given a much deeper understanding of this ideogram. The word
Rei as it is used in Reiki is more accurately interpreted to mean
supernatural knowledge or spiritual consciousness. This is the wisdom
that comes from God or the Higher Self. This is the God-Consciousness
which is all knowing. It understands each person completely. It
knows the cause of all problems and difficulties and knows what
to do to heal them.
-- The Life Force
means the same as Chi in Chinese, Prana in Sanskrit and Ti or Ki
in Hawaiian. It has also been called, odic force, orgone, and bioplasma.
It has been given many other names by the various cultures that
have been aware of it.
is the life force. It is also called the vital life force or the
universal life force. This is the nonphysical energy that animates
all living things. As long as something is alive, it has life force
circulating through it and surrounding it; when it dies, the life
force departs. If your life force is low, or if there is a restriction
in its flow, you will be more vulnerable to illness. When it is
high, and flowing freely, you are less likely to get sick. Life
force plays an important role in everything we do. It animates the
body and also is the primary energy of our emotions, thoughts and
Chinese place great importance on the life force or what they call
Chi. They have studied it for thousands of years and have discovered
there are many different kinds of Chi. The "Yellow Emperor's Classic
of Internal Medicine" which is over 4,000 years old, lists thirty-two
different kinds of Chi or Ki.
is used by martial artists in their physical training and mental
development. It is used in meditative breathing exercises called
Pranayama, and by the shamans of all cultures for divination, psychic
awareness, manifestation and healing. Ki is the nonphysical energy
used by all healers. Ki is present all around us and can be accumulated
and guided by the mind.
is Spiritually Guided Life Force Energy
is the God-consciousness called Rei that guides the life force called
Ki in the practice we call Reiki. Therefore, Reiki can be defined
as spiritually guided life force energy. This is a meaningful interpretation
of the word Reiki. It more closely describes the experience most
people have of it; Reiki guiding itself with its own wisdom, and
being unresponsive to the direction of the practitioner.
Reiki a Religion?
Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma,
and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use
Reiki. In fact, Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and will
work whether you believe in it or not. Because Reiki comes from
God, many people find that using Reiki puts them more in touch with
the experience of their religion rather than having only an intellectual
concept of it.
Reiki is not a religion, for optimum well being in the light of
Eastern medical theory that we are a mind-body-spirit unity, it
is necessary to live and act in a way that promotes harmony with
others. Dr. Mikao Usui, the
founder of the Reiki system of natural healing, recommended that
one practice certain simple ethical ideals to promote peace and
harmony, which are nearly universal across all cultures.
Ideals - The Ethical Principles of Reiki
During a meditation
several years after developing Reiki, Dr. Usui decided to add the
Reiki Ideals to the practice of Reiki. The Ideals came in part from
the five prinicples of the Meiji emperor of Japan whom Dr. Usui admired.
The Ideals were developed to add spiritual balance to Usui Reiki.
Their purpose is to help people realize that healing the spirit by
consciously deciding to improve oneself is a necessary part of the
Reiki healing experience. In order for the Reiki healing energies
to have lasting results, the client must accept responsibility for
her or his healing and take an active part in it. Therefore, the Usui
system of Reiki is more than the use of the Reiki energy. It must
also include an active commitment to improve oneself in order for
it to be a complete system. The ideals are both guidelines for living
a gracious life and virtues worthy of practice for their inherent
art of inviting happiness
The miraculous medicine of all diseases
Just for today, do not anger
Do not worry and be filled with gratitude
Devote yourself to your work. Be kind to people.
Every morning and evening, join your hands in prayer.
Pray these words to your heart
and chant these words with your mouth
Usui Reiki Treatment for the improvement of body and mind
The founder , Usui Mikao
Suggested Pdf Resources
- What is Reiki? Reiki (pronounced “ray-key”) is an Oriental word
- all living things and has just that meaning as the suffix on the word Reiki. Modern scientists have analyzed the world with an amazing degree of sophistication.
- What is reiki? Reiki is a Japanese energy healing method. It is a
- What is reiki? Reiki is a Japanese energy healing method. It is a system to help promote healing and to maintain good health.
- What Is Reiki?
- I am certified as a Reiki Master Healer and Teacher. This gives me Now that I'm certified in Reiki I can offer healing treatments to anyone who is interested.
- What is Reiki? Reiki (pronounced "ray-key") is a Japanese word
- Reiki is also used world-wide to describe the Usui system of healing. Other branches Reiki is a high vibrational spiritual energy that is used for healing.
- Brecksville Chiropractic &. Rehabilitation. 8930 Brecksville Rd.
Suggested News Resources
- Belfast Free Library to host energy, intuition and evolution workshop
- Kristen Burkholder is a licensed massage therapist and Reiki Master. She teaches Reiki, volunteers with hospice, and is expanding her practice to include oncology massage, which she hopes to bring to local hospitals and anyone who needs it.
- Verona Chiropractor Updates Website With New Design
- Massage therapy, Reiki and spinal wellness screenings are a few of the services and techniques provided at Dr. Parker's studio. Massage therapy or other therapeutic treatments are often used in combination with chiropractic care.
- Boston Artist, Nikki Leitao, Reveals A Big Celebrity Secret: Permanent Makeup
- Nikki spent a year training one on one with Licensed Nurse / Aesthetician and Makeup Artist / Micro Pigmentation Artist and Reiki Master, Cindi Clark.
Suggested Web Resources
- What Is Reiki?
- Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.
- Reiki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Reiki is a spiritual practice developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui. The teaching was continued and adapted by various teachers.
- Reiki - what it is
- Reiki - an easy to learn and effective healing method that anyone can use.
- Introduction to Reiki Healing
- Reiki basics show you what to expect when receiving a Reiki healing session, how to become a Reiki practitioner, and more.
Related searchesfoxtel foxtel air digital audio
luxury car luxury market segments us
theravada festivals and customs
internal consistency and the bible amongst the gospels