Who Can Learn Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."
A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit and creates many beneficial effects including relaxation and feelings of peace, security and well-being. Many have reported miraculous results.
Reiki does not depend on one's intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone.
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
An amazingly simple technique to learn, the ability to use Reiki is not taught in the usual sense, but is transferred to the student during a Reiki class. This ability is passed on during an "attunement" given by a Reiki master and allows the student to tap into an unlimited supply of "life force energy" to improve one's health and enhance the quality of life.
Its use is not dependent on one's intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds.
Suggested News Resources
- Bulletin board, Saturday, April 30, 2016
- Food will be sold. Also, a 50/50 and door prizes, raffle items, beer tasting with vendors from Shawnee Craft, Resorts Beverage, Verrastro and more. Tickets available in advance for $20 and at the door for $25.
- Reiki classes to be offered by new business owner
- However, Mohr explained that anyone can learn to become a vessel of this healing energy through classes such as the one she is offering. “It can be learned by anybody,” she said, saying even children can learn to practice Reiki.
- Talk of the Towns, April 29, 2016
- New Yoga for Relaxation classes in Greenfield will begin on Monday, May 2: Mondays 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Gentle Yoga for Everyone at Green River Yoga (over World Eye Books), 158 Main St.
- Today's Calendar
- Reiki: This month's Reiki Share will be held from 1 p.m. to 3 p.
- Laughter is the best medicine
- We're going to talk about laughter therapy and she said we could have an over-thephone mock laughter session. The phone rings ... Readers, this image is my gift to you, given in the hope it will make you laugh out loud.