(Sumerian) "Lady of the Thousand Offices", She is the primary female Deity of Her people, and in some ways the focus of the entire pantheon. Her epithet refers to the fact that She is Patroness and divine Guide to a myriad different functions and powers. One tradition has Her the daughter of An, but a more persistant one makes Her the child of Nanna-Suen. All agree that She is the younger sister to Ereskigal. She has many lovers and consorts, but her strongest attachment seems to be with Dumuzi. She rules the natural world, and the vitalizing effect of the rain, but beyond that Her functions seem to revolve around pairs of contending ideas. Thus, She is both the morning and the evening star. She represents motherhood and the family, but She is also the harlot and temple prostitute. She governs lightning, but also the dousing of fire. Her spirit is one of praise and gladness, and also dismay and sorrow. Her imagery usually portrays Her as a winged female bearing weapons and some armour, wearing an open robe, nude underneath.
Suggested News Resources
- Premiere: The Hanged Man - 'The Descension Of Inanna'
- Something quite different, the project takes a darker turn than her previous output, as evidenced by new EP 'Lord Have Mercy'.
- County record
- Anna Fire was dispatched to Taco Bell, 607 E. Main Street, Anna, for a fire alarm. -3:39 a.
- DI teams place at Gulf Coast Regional Tournament
- Thirteen teams will advance to the Affiliate (State) Tournament in Anna ISD on April 2. CFISD teams dominated in the high school division. Teams from Cy-Fair, Cypress Creek, Cypress Ranch and Cypress Woods high schools emerged victorious, particularly ...
- Possible child predator in Princeton matches descriptions in four other cities
- In Anna, police say a man offered an 11-year-old girl a brownie. In Melissa, he offered a 12-year-old a ride as she biked home from school.
- Xavier confident about future of program
- “I kind of forgot (that she was a senior) and I had to put myself in Anna Loken's and Peyton's (Ufi) shoes (from last year's team). And I remembered, 'Wow, this is it. I'm done.
Related searchesfilm editing editing techniques
shel silverstein history
dubstep origins early dubstep
sari origins and history
bataan early history
assab history and information