(Sumerian) "Lady of the Thousand Offices", She is the primary female Deity of Her people, and in some ways the focus of the entire pantheon. Her epithet refers to the fact that She is Patroness and divine Guide to a myriad different functions and powers. One tradition has Her the daughter of An, but a more persistant one makes Her the child of Nanna-Suen. All agree that She is the younger sister to Ereskigal. She has many lovers and consorts, but her strongest attachment seems to be with Dumuzi. She rules the natural world, and the vitalizing effect of the rain, but beyond that Her functions seem to revolve around pairs of contending ideas. Thus, She is both the morning and the evening star. She represents motherhood and the family, but She is also the harlot and temple prostitute. She governs lightning, but also the dousing of fire. Her spirit is one of praise and gladness, and also dismay and sorrow. Her imagery usually portrays Her as a winged female bearing weapons and some armour, wearing an open robe, nude underneath.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- MYTH AND THE WATER SIGNS : The Descent of Inanna
- MYTH AND THE WATER SIGNS : The Descent of Inanna. If you study astrology for any length of time, you are bound to come across the term.
- The Courtship of Inanna and Dumuzi Fr = Framer, who tells the story
- U = Utu, Sun God, brother of Inanna. I = Inanna. D = Dumuzi, the shepherd.
- Inanna flyer
- New Workshop at the Rowan Centre Glastonbury. 5-6 August 2011: Friday 5- 9pm: Saturday 10-6pm. Mythical Journeys 1.
- Mar 19, 2011 new self can be reborn. We celebrate Inanna's resurrection, the blessed rebirth of the. Earth, and our own divine renewal.
Suggested News Resources
- TIMES NOW gains most in Anna coverage
- NEW DELHI: Anna Hazare's campaign for a strong Lokpal Bill has seen a surge in television viewership-and TIMES NOW has grabbed the most eyeballs. Times Now has seen its absolute share of viewership double over the previous week.
- Rift in Anna camp comes out in the open
- What was being talked about in a hushed tone is now out in the open.
- Bandh in three Rajasthan towns in Anna support
- JAIPUR: Extending support to the anti-corruption movement led by Anna Hazare, businessmen at Bharatpur, Bikaner and Churu observed a bandh on Friday.
Suggested Web Resources
- Inanna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Inanna, also spelled Inana (Sumerian · Inannasumerianblack.
- Entrance to the shrine of Inanna, Sumerian Mother-Goddess
- The Goddess Inanna. "The Queen of Heaven". the most important goddess of the.
- Inanna is the Queen of Heaven and Earth and the Goddess of Love.
- May 12, 1997 Inanna is the most important goddess of the Sumerian pantheon in ancient Mesopotamia. She is a goddess of love, fertility, and war.