(Sumerian) Lord of the Underworld, usually regarded as a child of Enlil and Ninlil, and consort to Ereskigal. Master of the Dark City, He has warlike associations, and is also connected to fevers and sudden diseases, especially the plague. His cult continued in one form or another for a long time, and after Alexandrian times came to be seen as an Aspect of Herakles.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Apollo and Khshathrapati, the Median Nergal, at Xanthos
- vation (apud Dupont-Sommer 1976, 653) of a for- mula, in several Brahmañas, which declares that.
- The Hand of Nergal - Elf Lair Games
- Nergal shuns the woman, and she becomes one of the Nergal will use it to bind Ilsa to his heart and will.
- SUMERIAN CONSORT
- NERGAL EREŠKIGAL Gudua Emeslam. Namtar Nergal Ereškigal death, war, ordeal. GUGALANNA.
- It is now well known that the constellations of the Zodiac originated
- with Nergal, the king of the underworld, and one of them is known to travel back and forth between the realms of the dead and the upper worlds.
Suggested News Resources
- Polish singer cleared of ripping up Bible in show
- Adam Darski, who goes by the stage name Nergal and is the frontman for the death metal band Behemoth, was charged after he ripped up the Bible during a 2007 concert in Gdynia, in the country's north.
- Sept. stargazing: Sagittarius full of celestial delights
- The ancient Babylonians associated the constellation with Nergal, their god of the underworld, while the Greeks related it to Chiron, the wisest and gentlest of the centaurs.
- Behemoth's Nergal Found Not Guilty of 'Offending Religious Feeling'
- We're not exactly sure what "offending religious feeling is," but Behemoth singer/guitarist Adam "Nergal" Darksi has been found innocent of such a charge... again.
- Polish singer acquitted over Bible-ripping
- (Video) Adam 'Nergal' Darski found not guilty of offending religious sentiments after tearing up holy book during concert, calling on audience to burn pages.
- BEHEMOTH Posts Making Of Video
- Behemoth front man, Nergal, comments: "It's crazy. The making of video is 10 minutes long and you watch it like it was 3 minutes... it's so intense and still, doesn't look like anything we've done before!
Suggested Web Resources
- Mar 3, 1997 Nergal is an ancient Sumero-Babylonian deity and the god of the netherworld, where he rules with his consort Ereshkigal.
- NERGAL IS “SERIOUSLY ILL,” CANCELS ALL BEHEMOTH DATES
- Aug 8, 2010 The metal world has taken some serious hits this year health-wise.
Related searchesten-pin bowling lane dimensions
transistor-transistor logic theory
gilded age transportation revolution
raymond of aguilers