What is Qabalah?
Being Appendix A to Liber 777
Qabalah is: --
(a). A language fitted to describe certain classes of phenomena, and to
express certain classes of ideas which excape regular phraseology. You might
as well object to the technical terminology of chemistry.
(b). An unsectarian and elastic terminology by means of which it is possible
to equate the mental processes of people apparently diverse owing to the con-
straint imposed upon them by the peculiarities of their literary expression.
You might as well object to a lexicon, or a treatise on comparative religion.
(c). A system of symbolism which enables thinkers to formulate their ideas
with complete precision, and to find simple expression for complex thoughts,
especially such as include previously disconnected orders of conception. You
might as well object to algebraic symbols.
(d). An instrument for interpreting symbols whose meaning has become
obscure, forgotten or misunderstood by establishing a necessary connection
between the essence of forms, sounds, simple ideas (such as number) and their
spiritual, moral, or intellectual equivalents. You might as well object to
interpreting ancient art by consideration of beauty as determined by physio-
(e). A system of classification of omniform ideas so as to enable the mind
to increase its vocabulary of thoughts and facts through organizing and cor-
relating them. You might as well object to the mnemonic value of Arabic
modifications of roots.
(f). An instrument for proceeding from the known to the unknown on similar
principles to those of mathematics. You might as well object to the use of
i, x4, etc.
(g). A system of criteria by which the truth of correspondances may be
tested with a view to criticizing new discoveries in the light of their
coherence with the whole body of truth. You might as well object to judging
character and status by educational and social convention.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE MYSTICAL QABALAH
- Crowley in matters of Qabalistic mysticticism, it may be as well to explain my .
- Mystical Heritage of the Children of Abraham
- What is the Mystical Qabalah of the Children of $braham?. . .
- KABBALA DENUDATA: THE KABBALAH UNVEILED
- Simultaneously with the publication of the Qabalah in 1887, he received Qabalah runs this axiom: "that Malkuth is in Kether, that Kether is in Malkuth.
- The Secret Wisdom of the Qabalah
- This small book is in no sense a treatise on the Qabalah.
- THE AQUARIAN AVATAR and THE QABALAH By Donna M. Brown
- This symbol system is the modern Hermetic-Qabalah.
Suggested News Resources
- A New Pagan Publisher Launches and other Pagan News of Note
- “Solar Cross is pleased to announce the official launch of our e-publishing venture with the release of the formerly out of print Magick of Qabalah.
Suggested Web Resources
- Kabbalah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- This article is about traditional Jewish Kabbalah.
- Kabbalah FAQ
- Some (the author for example) will even mix Q and K in the same document, spelling Kabbalah and Qlippoth (as opposed to Qabalah and Klippoth!).
- What Is Qabalah? (Follow the title-hyperlink above to find out what Aleister Crowley says it is!) And Why are There So MANY Different Ways to Spell it?
- Hidden Treasures of the Ancient Qabalah: What is the Qabalah?
- Hidden Treasures of the Ancient Qabalah, by Elias Gewurz, , full text etext at sacred-texts.com.
- Qabalah (Hermetic Kabbalah)
- May 28, 1998 An overview of Hermetic Kabbalah, showing the distinction between the Judaic theological and the Hermetic magical perspectives.
Related searchestutenstein characters
the city of ember sequels
john zogby polling track record
lanao del sur physical
cane other uses of canes