A set of household Gods worshipped by nearly everyone. They were said to be the offspring of Mercurius by Larunda, an Etruscan Goddess who was recognized in Roman times as the nymph Lara. The Lares were associated with the Lar Familiaris, ancestral spirits tied to particular tracts of land.
Suggested News Resources
- Celebrating LARES
- As I have mentioned in a few of my previous blog posts, LARES has been a safe haven for me ever since I transferred to UIC at the start of this year.
- Tijuana's New Police Chief Continues Removing Migrants From Canal
- In a press release, Lares blamed “a perverse media campaign.” The news came a day after PBS NewsHour ran a story on the police department's strategy toward homeless migrants. A spokesman for the mayor's office said the decision to ask Lares to resign ...
- Peru Service Trip - Report #1
- Following the weaving expo, we will be beginning our two day trek from Huaran to Lares where we will climb another 1300m to 4700m above sea level. It will no doubt be a challenging but rewarding experience that we will share with nine Mosqoy students.
- Border Report: An 'Astonishing Pattern' to Border Patrol Shootings
- López Medina fills the boots of Alejandro Lares, who resigned last month citing a “perverse media campaign.” López Medina was previously the head of the city's commercial police department, and according to KPBS, “[Mayor Jorge] Astiazarán wants López ...
Related searcheskingda ka
african american art modern era
rail transport in india
frank william abagnale jr