Conflated in many important ways to the Hellenic Poseidon, Neptune is nevertheless not a Sea God as such, but to the Roman mind came out of an agricultural background. He is watery in that he is a Patron of irrigation, and like Poseidon he is a Master of Horse-kind.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Neptune is the eighth planet from the sun and the one that's the farthest away. ( Pluto is Neptune is a cold, dark place that's the smallest of the gas giants.
- Son of Neptune preview! - Rick Riordan
- d • Hyperion Books new york. RICK RIORDAN the Son of. Neptune.
- Galileo's Observations of Neptune
- in 1612, over two centuries before Neptune was “officially” discovered. I am not a historian, and my discovery had little or no astronomical importance.
- Neptune's Restaurant
- Kids Chicken. Tenders. $6.
Suggested News Resources
- Sea lion rescued from Santa Cruz dies from gunshot wounds
- By Jessica M. Pasko email@example.com SAUSALITO -- King Neptune, the sea lion rescued last week from the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf with a gunshot wound, has died.
- Mandatory evacuation for parts of Neptune City
- NEPTUNE CITY — The Office of Emergency Management has ordered a mandatory evacuation for flood zones and for low-lying areas by noon Saturday.
- Rescued Santa Cruz sea lion recovering from gunshot wound
- By Bay City News Service Marine Mammal Center/Contributed photo King Neptune, a 320-pound sea lion, is being treated for a gunshot wound at the Marine Mammal Center after he was rescued from the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf last week.
- Officials: Preps in coastal towns smooth; storm-watchers asked to stay home
- In nearby Neptune City, where the community is below sea level, harsh rains can lead to flooding issues, Public Safety Director Ed Kirschenbaum said.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt performs Nirvana's 'Lithium' in Seattle concert
- At Seattle's Neptune Theater, JGL decided to indulge in some of the cities finest and display his musical skills.
Suggested Web Resources
- Neptune - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Neptune is the eighth and farthest planet from the Sun in the Solar System.
- Neptune l Neptune facts, pictures and information.
- In Roman mythology Neptune (Greek: Poseidon) was the god of the Sea.
- Solar System Exploration: Planets: Neptune
- Jul 12, 2011 Voyager 2 captured this image of Neptune in 1989.
- Neptune is the outermost planet of the gas giants. It has an equatorial diameter of 49500 km. If Neptune were hollow, it could contain nearly 60 Earths.
- Neptune - Astronomy For Kids - KidsAstronomy.com
- Explains its name in Greek mythology and offers details about its gravity and its moons.