(he of the forest)A God associated with parkland, copses, wooded glens, and the forest itself. His spirit was present anywhere there was waste ground or uncultivated land. He was an ominous figure, one who held the potential for terror and death, since to the Roman mind the forest primeval was a realm of chaos and fear, distinct from managed, settled territory.
Suggested News Resources
- Cedarville Journal: Fulling Mills
- However, about 1806, Deacon Silvanus Nye set up a water-powered wool carding machine, which was used well into the 1830s. It makes sense that this machine was set up in the old fulling mill. Historian Ella F.
- Africa: Looking for the New Einstein in Africa
- John Silvanus Wilson Junior, President of Morehouse College in the United States said higher education was booming in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Wooing Singapore Silicon Valley techies home
- WASHINGTON • Singaporean twins Silvanus and Linus Lee, 29, are in Silicon Valley competing with the best in their field.
- De Blasio, in Clinton rally spotlight, gets mixed response
- Silvanus Kydd, a 58-year-old home healthcare worker and 1199 SEIU member of Portuguese decent living in Brooklyn, said she thought the mayor was booed “because of the police … the way he had treated them.” Kydd said he was a registered Republican ...
Related searchesbody mind massage
porgy and bess use of leitmotif
chaplains of his holiness
linda lee thomas
underoath band members
xanadu film quotes