(blooming nature ?) Goddess of beauty and sexual love, and in many important respects similar to the Hellenic Aphrodite. In the Roman view, She was the daughter of Jupiter and Dione, and like so many Roman Divinities, she had considerable authority and influence in agrarian concerns, in her case gardens and flowering plants.
Suggested News Resources
- Sharapova, Venus create memorable week of tennis news
- It has been one of the more remarkable weeks on the tours, beginning with Maria Sharapova's blockbuster admission last Monday that she failed a drug test at Australia Open. Then came Venus Williams' much-anticipated return to Indian Wells. Although she ...
- Venus finds victory despite defeat at Indian Wells
- (AP). INDIAN WELLS, Calif.—Venus Williams didn't win her return match at Indian Wells, falling to qualifier Kurumi Nara, 6-4, 6-3, but said just returning to the tournament was a victory for her.
- A Giant Planetary Smashup May Have Turned Venus Hot and Hellish
- It's just a bit smaller than Earth, and if water arrived at both planets the same way, Venus could have once hosted oceans on its surface.
- Venus finally in sight for JAXA's once-wayward Akatsuki probe
- Akatsuki was launched by the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, commonly known as JAXA, and entered orbit around Venus last December on its second attempt. The first try, in 2010, failed due to mechanical problems. The new orbit is significantly ...
- WVU Lab Theatre debuts 'Venus in Fur,' two-person play pushes boundaries
- In David Ives interesting 2010 Tony Award-winning play “Venus in Fur,” a playwright meets his match in a woman who has a lot to say about his play and about his ideas of society, theatre and people. WVU's Lab Theatre is presenting this play, its third ...
Related searchesphilosophy and intuition
feast of trumpets
mips architecture mips cpu family
jean baudrillard life
lights out singles released